What's new

Bioshock Infinite (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
There are 3 sets of DLC. One is a challenge room sort of thing, one is a single player episode set in Rapture and the third is the second half of the single player Rapture stuff.

That said, the single player DLC has gotten some really weak reviews.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Bummer. Overseen a review of the first half of the new Rapture mission. It was a decent review. I was thinking of buying it.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Eh. Infinite was a great story and some neat ideas, but everything "game"y about it kind of stank compared to either Bioshock 1/2 or other FPS games. I'd rather an adventure game or something that has less violence and shooting but with a Levine story.

So this could be a very good move.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Bioshock:Infinite Burial at Sea, Part 2Played a big chunk this weekend. There are some neat story bits being detailed, byt honestly I've lost the greater thread of this postlude to Infinite. Even so, I like it. There's a go-for-broke attitude present in the story telling. And one if the most intense cinematics I've ever experienced. I had to pause the game, take a few calming breaths, before I could let it play out. It's the stuff of nightmares. As with the base game, I wish the game play was compressed to remove the fat and highlight the story. This is more evident with this expansion, as the stealth elements slow me down and further stretch the levels.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
DaveF said:
Bioshock:Infinite Burial at Sea, Part 2Played a big chunk this weekend. There are some neat story bits being detailed, byt honestly I've lost the greater thread of this postlude to Infinite. Even so, I like it. There's a go-for-broke attitude present in the story telling. And one if the most intense cinematics I've ever experienced. I had to pause the game, take a few calming breaths, before I could let it play out. It's the stuff of nightmares.As with the base game, I wish the game play was compressed to remove the fat and highlight the story. This is more evident with this expansion, as the stealth elements slow me down and further stretch the levels.
Yeah the story is absolutely amazing and fantastic how it all ties into the original bioshock, but it does require very in-depth analysis that isn't specifically spelled out in playing through. All the information is there, but you really have to dig and pay extremely close attention to get it.

And yeah I'm pretty sure I know the cinematic you're talking about. It's honestly one of the only times I've felt uncomfortable and physically squirmed in my seat while playing a video game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks