What's new

Bioshock Infinite (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I don't know what happened there in the end, but it was awesome.I need to mull this over, and come back to talk it out. I think from here on, the reader should assume spoilers.I should get a mod to edit the title to note spoilers start on pg 3 of the thread.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I immediately started a replay after finishing. I'm a sucker for time travel, time loop, existential story, whatever. They've got me, got me good. The end was far, far more interesting that I expect from a game. Half Life, honestly slumped over with the big baby fight. This is up there maybe with HL2 ep2. An experience as compelling as last summer's movie Looper.
I missed key Voxphones in the first play, hope to catch them this time. I'm still grasping the story.
http://www.incgamers.com/2013/04/the-bird-or-the-cage-what-bioshock-infinite-says-about-choice-and-fatalism

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I may have to play third time to be completist about it. Read all the grafiti, and listen to all the broadcasts I can.,,as well

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Is the DLC out yet? I'm confused over what's actually available and the pricing. I don't care about the hardcore combat bit, but the two parter set in Rapture sounds interesting. Is that $15 per part or $15 total? Still wondering if I should buy the $20 season pass. Almost finished my second play through. I'm in the asylum.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The current one available is the combat-focused one for $5. The two episodes are $15 each. They cost a lot because they were created essentially from scratch. In an interview, Ken Levine said they may have used some art from the ocean backgrounds but otherwise its all new art/content in the Bioshock Infinite game engine. The season pass is $20 and includes all of the DLC packs.

I'm not getting the season pass because I have zero interest in the current DLC and I'd like to see how the two episodes turn out first. You will probably be able to download them for under $20 combined within a year.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
DaveF said:
Is the DLC out yet? I'm confused over what's actually available and the pricing. I don't care about the hardcore combat bit, but the two parter set in Rapture sounds interesting. Is that $15 per part or $15 total? Still wondering if I should buy the $20 season pass.Almost finished my second play through. I'm in the asylum.
My replay has stalled out, as I've been distracted by other distractions.

I'm amazed it's down to $15 already, after a $60 launch four months ago. Is that typical for blockbuster games? I'll never pay full price again, if so

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It depends on a couple factors. How well the game sells, if it's a Sony/MS/Nintendo first-party game (Halo, Mario, Uncharted, etc.), if there is DLC coming out, and so on. Bioshock Infinite sold extremely well and has DLC coming so they're probably trying to get the game in as many hands as possible to push the new content.

If a game is made by a platform holder then it usually takes a long time to get cheaper.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Holy cow, Sam.. I spent this weekend and upgraded my gaming PC.. I went out and went 4770K, R280X for now and of course I'm still using a 1440P monitor.

Jeebus. I can get most of the settings on Bioshock Infinite up to High (not Ultra, though I did get a big performance boost in the Beta6 drivers after updating) and keep up about 50-60fps.

Jeez, seeing this game in 1440P in comparison to the 720P version on the PS3 is insane. The level of detail in this thing is ungodly good

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Awesome to hear. This game failed to hook me, I might give it another shot some time but November is PACKED with releases. I need to finish Wolf Among Us before PS4day.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
OK, this is for the original game, but it's too genius to not post. :)

By the way, I had a chance to play the Bioshock Infinite board game. It's pretty cool. If you like wargamey Ameritrashy stuff like Nexus Ops or War of the Ring, it's worth checking out.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I finished my replay of Infinite. I still hate the final level, on the airship. It fees like chaos more than good gameplay. But I LOVE the ending of this game. The denouement is terrific. This is a game that should be a movie. It is a movie shoehorned into an FPS, mostly but not perfectly successfully. But it is at heart a movie. Possibly a mini series. I wish I could buy the music. Why is it locked to buying a collectors edition of the game? I was ready to give them my money on iTunes this week, but I can't.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Whooping my ass. Played through the whole game on hard and figured this final battle is the end but still havent won it yet. I find that if I step away for a day or two and come back to it Ill beat it within the next few tries. Are the add on levels available for download yet? Have anyone played them?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The final level has patterns that learning will help you with. But it's a pain and I didn't enjoy it a lot. IGN's walk through can help :)There is DLC. There's a fighting specific level. And the first part of a new sequence set in Rapture.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks