What's new

Bionics (1 Viewer)

TrevorSH

Auditioning
Based on the lack of topics on the subject, I figure I'm in the minority of people here who actually want these fun, and admittedly occasionally cheesy and ridiculous (:D ), series released to DVD.
Naturally, I'm referring to The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman. I wasn't even born yet when these shows were making their normal broadcast runs in the 1970s, but I caught on to them after having seen the three reunion movies, Return Of The Six Million Dollar Man And The Bionic Woman (1987), Bionic Showdown: The Six Million Dollar Man And The Bionic Woman (1989), and Bionic Ever After? (1994).
As of late, I'm stuck watching re-runs of these classics on local TV (in French, no less - I can't even see them in their original splendour!), and find myself just wanting more...and in English! :D
I've already written Universal Home Video/DVD on the matter, but *sigh* all I get is a cheap copy and pasted e-mail stating that .
Why is that, I wonder? I'm certain that there are many fans, particularly those who grew up on Steve Austin's and Jaime Sommers' bionic antics, secret missions, etc. - not to mention those like myself who have come to enjoy the series despite not having experienced them growing up - who would very much like to revisit their entire seasons on digital transfer, improved sound, etc. Am I wrong in thinking this?
...Not to mention the fact that I'd love to rewatch the reunion movies too!
Personally I think it would make for a great gift set: The Six Million Dollar Man - All Complete Seasons; The Bionic Woman - All Complete Seasons; The Three Bionic Reunion Movies... I'd buy that in a heartbeat, even if there were little or no special features (though I would much rather have special features!).
Anyone else feel the same way?

Kevin McCorry

Stunt Coordinator
There are 3 DVDs of each series available in R2. I wish that any further releases would include the stand-out episodes like the "Death Probe" episodes of SMDM, the Fembot saga of TBW (esp. the 3-parter with John Houseman), the "Doomsday Is Tomorrow" episode of TBW (arguably the series' best), the
2 stories involving Jaime's double, and the SMDM episodes that introduced Jaime. I'd settle for each of these on DVD failing a release of the whole of both series. Unfortunately, the R2 releases have been of middling (esp. in the case of TBW) episodes, and there are as yet no further releases announced. But if you want these shows even partially represented on DVD, R2 is the only option now and probably for the future.

Oh, and I'd also love to get the first reunion movie on DVD. Don't really care much for the other two.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
These were among the very first laserdisc releases- The Bionic Woman laserdisc from MCA Discovision was the first LD I ever got to hold in my hands!

TrevorSH

Auditioning
That's precisely the problem. I'm in Region 1, and so I won't even bother buying the R2 DVDs just to let them collect dust on my shelf! :)
I find it peculiar that North Americans can't even watch a North American series on DVD. :frowning: It makes no sense to me...
LOL! I was first introduced to Steve Austin and Jaime Sommers through Bionic Showdown, so i'm partial to it! :D Bionic Ever After?, admittedly, could have used a little more work, in mu opinion, but it's still very much enjoyable. I just want all three of them!....and the complete seasons of SMDM and TBW.
I wonder why Universal is so hesitant on releasing these...
Their UK counterpart seems to have no problems with it.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I'd love to have some of these on DVD. I have a couple of the R2 discs, which each have 3 shows, but they didn't pick the best ones.

I'd go for the movies as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks