What's new

Bionicle: Mask Of Light (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I remember seeing trailers for this in the theatres but now I see the DVD is coming on Sep 16th. Did this not make it out theatrically? If so, how is it?

JohnAP

Second Unit
I just came across something about this today, I think it was at SciFi Wire. This movie is hitting dvd on Sept. 16 and they just greenlighted another direct to video film. Both are budgeted at 5 million dollars. There is a theatrical film in the works as well though. It's still in storyboard phase and will come out after the two dvds.

Geez, I can't believe I remembered all that.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Anymore news on this DVD. Sept 16 is just around the corner and very little info do I have! This was supposed to come out theatrically at one point was it not? Did they decide to bring it straight to video because of an anticipation of poor box office projections?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
No, this was always a straight-to-video production. They advertised it in theatres as part of their marketing campaign so that it didn't *seem* as if it was a d-t-v release. As noted above, they are making another episode and planning a theatrical venture if these two are successful.

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Bionicles...aren't they a product of Lego?
Yes, Bionicle is a type of LEGO. Launched two years ago as LEGO's attempt to be more "hip" with the younger market that doesn't seem to have time to build something elaborate. Their inital launch created quite a buzz, and there even was a rather elaborate online Flash-based game you could play. They share a lot of elements with the Technic line of products.

As a LEGO enthusiast, they are attractive from a marketing perspective, but they really don't stimulate creativity like the core LEGO brick can do. Plus, they sort of break the cardinal sin of LEGO philosophy... that being that no set or product is outdated... you just expand or add to it. However, in the Bionicle world, there have been products released that replace previously released products. It's more action figure than building block.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Resurrecting an old thread, just to note:

My son desperately wanted this movie last weekend, and I bought it blind for him, neither of us had seen it, etc.

I have to say, the animation is far better then I expected, and the story line is cute, though definitely geared to the 10-14 year old audience.

The extra features are plentiful and unique, and the music is really well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks