What's new

Bionic Woman season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Wow, in the most positive sense of the word.

As a Battlestar Galactica fan, I am thrilled to see one of the producers of Galactica is behind this. That he casts some of his friends in this is the icing on the cake.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Without seeing much more than a 30 second tease, this is the new show I am most looking forward to. Add this to my list of NBC shows.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It's a little weird seeing the girl from "Two guys, a girl, and a pizza place" as the Bionic Woman. I guess those hot-oven incidents can be quite dangerous.

But the previews are intriguing.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

You mean Traylor Howard? She's on "Monk" these days. Michelle Ryan was on an UK soap for quite a while, though.

I still think it's interesting that the last Bionic Woman on TV was Sandra Bulloch.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I saw a shorter preview a little while back and it looked interesting, and this longer preview makes it look even more interesting.

Cool to see Starbuck as the "first bionic woman". I wonder if they'll eventually work an astronaut named Steve Austin into the story. That would be fun.

I'll definitely be checking this out.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I do. I was mistaken.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
The preview still looks interesting.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Looks good but I'll wait and see. I remember foundly the original Bionic Woman TV series and the 3 6 Million Dollar Man & Bionic Woman TV movies. They were great for thier time and even wraped everything up in the movies with the wedding.

The REAL bad part is their casting of her "teen" sister. She looks much older than the bionic woman actress and I thought was pathetic from the clips. I also don't think the show needs to deal with the whole teenage angst thing like so many kid shows. Make it hard hitting for adult viewers and dump the teen crap. Just look at how much better shows like 24 were when they got rid of the idiot teen type character of his daughter.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The kid sister is "Anne" from "Arrested Development", and also a bit annoying from her stint on "Thief" as the daughter that Andre Braugher's character got saddled with in the short mini-series.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
i recently saw a screener of this and it is not going to make it on network t.v. period. they use a few of the contemporary battlestar galactica cast in the pilot.

if bsg couldn't make it this definitely is not going to make it on network t.v. corny special effects. thin acting skills. wtf moments abound. sci-fi channel material for sure. national network material, i think not.

if the screener i saw hit airwaves it will be cancelled as fast as drive was. perhaps they are still working on it but what i saw seemed like a finished product.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
oh and by the way 'starbuck' is great in bsg.

but here in this show she is cartoonishly terrible....

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
New to this thread and new to the fact that they are remaking this. I am surprised, didn't know about it. Saw the NBC website and preview there.

Looks like a reimaging again. Where's Oscar Goldman? I guess they have a new organization that rebuilt her.

I don't watch NBC and I haven't seen Heros, which I plan to when the DVD's come out. This looks like NBC is pinning it's hopes towards some more Sci-fi genre material. Does seem odd without Steve Austin.

Elphaba

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gilda
This is one of the new series I'm most looking forward to in the fall. I liked what I saw in the previews, especially the way they seem to be using the overall premise as a means through which to explore a young woman coming of age in today's more chaotic world, sort of a Buffy the Vampire Slayer metaphor with the protagonist a few years older.

And Katee Sackoff was looking deliciously psychotic in the scenes they show of her.

Also, Heroes season 2 looks to be an improvement on one; shorter story arcs, and with the spinoff Origins series being used for fill ins, no or very few reruns.

But hey, I'm a Sci-Fi and comic book nerd, so shows like this get the benefit of the doubt with me.

Rocky F

Second Unit
Not to derail this thread too much, but in addition to the Bionic Woman and second season of Heroes (not to mention Medium, which returns in January) NBC also has an action/comedy called Chuck and time travel drama Journeyman bookending Heroes on Monday nights this fall, making for a very sci/fi filled schedule for a broadcast network.

Abe D

Agent
Real Name
Abe D
Apparently...

The deaf sister is out and replaced by a younger-looking sister without the hearing problems.

There's meant to be some sexual tension between the two bionic womans on the show.

The show looks interesting but apart from Michelle Ryan and Miguel Ferrer as boss, the casting seems uninspired, especially Chris Bowers (a Juan-Carlos Ferrero look-a-like) as the doc/love-interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks