What's new

Bing Crosby: The Silver Screen Collection (1 Viewer)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
This looks great . Even the price isn't that bad all things considered (24 movies plus a bunch of extras). But , I already have most of these films on DVD in the form of some individual releases, 3 box sets, and several 2/1 releases. It looks like a nice package though. I notice we still don't get all of the Road films in one place . I may still buy this if the price comes way down.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Are there any new-to-DVD titles in this collection?

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
That was my question--is the American Masters docu on any of the preexisting releases?

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
If you didn't get the Variety Girl Vault Collection MOD, then that might be a draw. Everything else is a rehash. At least as far as I can tell.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
If it's a rehash them that's a shame for there are still a few titles that Bing did for Paramount that have not seem a home video release.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Maybe they're different transfers, but I have every title listed excluding Variety Girl as a previously released pressed disc. I'm not including the American Masters documentary, primarily because I view those things as extras.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
The silver lining there is that I don't have to justify buying that expensive set for one or two films. I own everything else.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
mdnitoil said:
If you didn't get the Variety Girl Vault Collection MOD, then that might be a draw. Everything else is a rehash. At least as far as I can tell.
Yes. It would be great if Universal would find a way to release something new. In particular, there are a lot of 1930s films that I would like to have: Anything Goes, Two for Tonight, The Big Broadcast, plus something like Dixie.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
The silver lining is that I don't have to justify buying such an expensive set just to get one or two new films. I already own almost all of them.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
JoeDoakes said:
Yes. It would be great if Universal would find a way to release something new. In particular, there are a lot of 1930s films that I would like to have: Anything Goes, Two for Tonight, The Big Broadcast, plus something like Dixie.
All of those would be welcome--but especially Two For Tonight.
Wasn't Dixie released somewhere?

[email protected]

Supporting Actor
While I was hoping Universal would someday release a non flip disc version of A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court/The Emperor Waltz, all the ones I purchased were defected and had to be returned, but I’m not keen on spending almost two hundred dollars just to get those missing titles.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
The UK release of the "Connecticut Yankee/Emperor Waltz" twofer is single-sided; and I'm so glad I decided to buy that disc instead of the R1 version.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
While I was hoping Universal would someday release a non flip disc version of A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court/The Emperor Waltz, all the ones I purchased were defected and had to be returned, but I’m not keen on spending almost two hundred dollars just to get those missing titles.
Sorry for the late response, but I just watched my flipper disc and didn't have any issues with playback. It's not one of those dreaded DVD-18s, is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks