Binding posts on the Parasound 2025...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee-M, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Lee-M

Lee-M Stunt Coordinator

This unit is a finalist in my 5-channel amp search; however, I have no local dealer for Parasound, and the photos I have seen (plus some reviewer's comments) indicate that the speaker terminals on this unit are difficult to access.

I do not wish to re-terminate my Kimber Cables, which sport the factory-installed Postmaster spades. Does anyone have experience with using spades and/or heavier-duty cables on this amp?

2. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

I think spades would be quite cubmersome to use with the 2205. It would be best served with bananas.

3. Steve Morgan

Steve Morgan Second Unit

Steve
    I agree I could not use the spades on my Analysis plus cables.The post are to close together in a vertical placement. Bananas are the way to go if you are talking about the 2205at.

Cheers,
    Steve

4. Paul Gere

Paul Gere Second Unit

Ditto what these guys said. Banannas are the only way to go with this fine amp.

5. James Hibbert

I had the 2205 for a few months and all my cables have spades. Although it isn't the easiest, it is possible. I hooked them up the same way that they show you in the manual. Start from the bottom (rear channels) and work your way up. It's not that bad.

Good luck