What's new

Biloxi Blues DVD.... Quality any good ? (1 Viewer)

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Biloxi Blues is a fav of mine and I was thinking of buying it. How is the A/V quality on the current release and is there a SE planned anytime soon?

Thanks!
Troy

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Here I thought perhaps I'd missed this somehow! I've been waiting for this since DVD hit the market.

Bruce

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I just bought the prequel to this movie, Brighton Beach Memoirs, it came out tuesday, haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I just bought the prequel to this movie, Brighton Beach Memoirs, it came out tuesday, haven't had a chance to check it out yet.
Do let me know, Josh. I love that movie (and its sequel). I even own the previous MAR release. I'll be picking this one up shortly but would like to know what the quality is like.

Thanks.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
So has anyone bought "Biloxi Blues" yet? How's the a/v quality on the DVD? (It's widescreen right? What's the ratio?)

William Miller

Second Unit
The DVD is very good.

The aspect ratio is 2.35. If you have only seen this in the many cable P&S showings, you will be in for a startling revelation.

Biloxi Blues is one of Neil Simon's most underrated works. It's funny, charming and very wonderful especially the first hour of the movie. Christopher Walken should have won an Oscar. Great ensemble cast. Expert direction by Mike Nichols. I have never read or seen the original play, so I don't know what changes were made but the movie is extremely highly recommended.

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
I agree William. It's nice to finally see the movie
in OAR. I am happy with the picture quality. The
DVD has no extras, but the presentation of the film
is good, and the film is great. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks