1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Billy Wilder's 'Fedora' - who has the DVD rights?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Bruce Morrison, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Bruce Morrison

Bruce Morrison Supporting Actor

Warners issued 'Fedora' on laserdisc, but I recall that the film had a complicated financing deal, probably involving funding from various European sources as well. So I'm not sure whether Warners have the DVD rights in the US - does anyone know for sure who would be able to release it in R1?

IMO, it's one of Billy Wilder's finest achievements, very underrated at the time of its original release, and I'd love to see it released on DVD.

2. walter o

walter o Supporting Actor

my guess is it is still with WB, for it was produced by Lorimar, and wB controls them, so thats why it was out on WB LD and VHS, and they still control the lorimar library, so wB is still the owners.

3. Jeff Newcomb

Jeff Newcomb Second Unit

WB needs to do a Wilder box with Spirit of St. Louis, Love in the Afternoon, Fedora, and Buddy Buddy. Not the cream of the Wilder crop by any means, but I'd buy it.

4. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

I asked at the Warner Chat last year about "Spirit of St. Louis", and they said that a restoration was underway for a release, and I believe they said next year. I'd buy that boxset in a flash. One of the only remaining reasons that I have a VCR or LD Player is for some of my Wilder films.