What's new

Billy Wilder festival on TCM right now (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Irma La Duce 11 AM EST

Fortune Cookie 1:30 PM EST

A Foreign Affair 4 PM EST

Witness for the Prosecution 6 PM EST

Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8 PM EST

Arsenic and Old Lace 10:30 PM EST

It actually was already going early this morning I believe. The Spirit of St. Louis just ended. Wish I had put a tape in earlier, there are several of these I don't own.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Seth,

The last two films were directed by Huston and Capra respectively.

Crawdaddy

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I posted the complete schedule in the "Billy Wilder Dies" thread. For the record, Treasure of the Sierra Madre was a John Huston film and Arsenic and Old Lace was Frank Capra. Neither film is part of the Wilder marathon, but don't let that stop anyone from watching them, they are great!
I screwed up my VCR programming and missed getting Private Life of Sherlock Holmes in widescreen on tape this morning. :frowning:
I did get "One, Two, Three" and "Spirit of St. Louis", though. :)
Regards,

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Oops! Well, since the forum has been all about piling on Seth this week, I'll also point out that "TMC" is The Movie Channel, while the Wilder marathon is on TCM. (The letters got reversed in the thread header). :)
Regards,

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ken,
Often, whenever Seth posts something about Turner Classic Movies he's shown a tendency to use TMC instead of TCM.:)
Crawdaddy

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Apparently I also, in excitement, apply credit to directors for work they didn't do. :b
I think my mix up with Arsenic is that Capra is another personal fav and this is one of my favs by him. I swapped my "pro-Cap" with "pro-Wilder" and the rest was history. At least I didn't call Wonderful Life a Wilder film, or Stalag 17 a Capra. :)
Huston and Treasure...now I have NO explanation on that one. I really do know better, I swear.
At least I got Fortune Cookie right. :D
Besides, everyone should watch Treasure and Arsenic anyway no matter who did them. ;)
And since this is all old news thanks to Ken I'm starting to wish this thread just disappeared. Hey, I'll own up to my mistakes...numerous as they are. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks