What's new

Billy Wilder Boxset - November 26th? (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Has anybody else seen this? I found this on accident on Amazon and it contains (Sunset Boulevard, Sabrina, & Stalag 17). Since this is only two weeks after the new Sunset Boulevard disc is due, I'm assuming that it contains the new Sunset disc, along with the current Stalag 17 and Sabrina discs.

Is it just me, or did Paramount really miss the boat here? Most of Wilder's early catalog is still owned by Paramount, although I undestand that some of the titles are controlled by Universal, I know that Paramount has "Ace in the Hole" & "A Foreign Affair". Why not include some of these titles in the set as well, or at least throw some new extras on the "Stalag 17" or "Sabrina" discs. As badly as I would like to buy this boxset, I'm not going to pay a premium just to have a box to surround a couple of DVDs.

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Eric,

Sunset Boulevard has been pushed back to 11/26 and so the Billy Wilder boxset will be coming out at the same time as the individual release. Paramount is also releasing an Audrey Hepburn boxset that will contain Roman Holiday, Sabrina and Breakfast at Tiffany's. By the way, Roman Holiday has also been pushed back to 11/26, but the two Cary Grant titles are still coming out on 11/05.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks