Billy Madison SE?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tanner, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Tanner

Tanner Stunt Coordinator

With everyone getting petitions together for there favorite DVDs to be released uncut or as special editions, how come Billy Madison has been overlooked? I watched it last night and the current DVD from Universal is a joke. The special features are biographies and a trailer. There is plenty of extra footage which could have been included. I have seen a lengthly kickball scene which was put in for the TV version. In the trailer there are parts of at least 2 scenes which are not in the movie and could have been included as deleted scenes. Also, where the Sandler commentary? This is probably one of the funniest movies and deserves to be released as some sort of special edition.

2. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I would probably pick up this and Happy Gilmore if they released SEs. Both funny flicks that show Adam Sandler before he stopped being funny (and are really good drinkin' movies). The current Happy DVD isn't even OAR!

3. Matthew H

Matthew H Second Unit

I'ms till waiting for Happy Gilmore to be released in its OAR... [​IMG]

4. Nate Thompson

Both titles would be great as a special edition, but I too would really like to have Happy Gilmore in anamorphic OAR.

5. Han

Han Second Unit

6. Sean Patrick

Sean Patrick Supporting Actor

just watched the old dvd last night, and the transfer could also use a new edition. it's not a HORRIBLE looking dvd, but pretty muddy and not as vibrant as it could be.

looks to have the same resolution on a 16:9 tv as zooming the Happy Gilmore dvd, which doesn't say a lot.

7. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor