What's new

Billy Liar 50th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
I just ordered this from England and will report on the transfer and whether it is region free for those interested in this film when it arrives. Good to see more films such as this out on blu ray.

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Brent Avery said:
I just ordered this from England and will report on the transfer and whether it is region free for those interested in this film when it arrives. Good to see more films such as this out on blu ray.
If you need me to translate anything, be sure to let me know.

:P

Steve W

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I reviewed a Criterion DVD of Billy Liar some time ago. I wonder if they still have the US rights to release it on Blu-ray?

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Matt Hough said:
I reviewed a Criterion DVD of Billy Liar some time ago. I wonder if they still have the US rights to release it on Blu-ray?
Their DVD is OOP, so it's unlikely - my BD is also shipping. The Criterion commentary is wonderful; damn shame we won't see it on any BD edition any time soon.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Wondering out loud if the rights holders are amenable to a new licencing agreement with Criterion. It was issued in 2000 by Republic through an arrangement with Lumiere Pictures, followed by the Criterion release in 2004.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks