What's new

Billy Corgan's solo album "The Future Embrace" (1 Viewer)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Billy Corgan's solo album "The Future Embrace" will be out soon. If your interested in hearing it, go to www.billycorgan.com and go into the "multimedia" section, you can stream 4 tracks. Im listening to it now. I'll post what I think later on. So far, Im not impressed, but Im not turned off either.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Corgan also took out a full page ad in today's Chicago Tribune, saying he now wants to re-unite the Smashing Pumpkins.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
But does he want D'Arcy or Melissa to play bass? I used to like Smashing Pumpkins until Billy shaved his head and got all full of himself (it sounds like he still is).

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman

Especially Jimmy! One of the best rock drummers of all time IMHO. I bought the Zwan disc only after learning that he was playing the drums, and was not disappointed (in the drumming, at least). My wife and I went to see Zwan in Atlanta, mainly because I wanted to see Mr. Chamberlain. REALLY not disappointed that night!

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I agree his blog and other interviews make me think he thinks a bit too much of himself, but I'd love to see them back together. Fat guitar sounds instead of the keyboards and other sounds he's experimenting, but I will give the new album a chance.

AricB

Second Unit
exactly, bring back the guitars, leave the pseudo electronic sound to bands who do it well.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Did Billy ever NOT have a big ego? Seriously - I think that's just who he is, and I wouldn't blame musical clunkers on his ego. I'd bet he was always pretty insufferable. I'm a fan, but I don't get the impression that he's a nice guy...

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Here, here...bring back the "Gish" and "Siamese Dream"-era Pumpkins!

Unfortunately, when Billy was questioned about the reunion ad at an Atlanta show last week, his response was something along the lines of, "It's not going to be the Pumpkins that everyone remembers." Too bad, because the old Pumpkins (Mellon Collie and before) kicked ass like no other. It just seems like he went from guitar hero to guitar anit-hero on "Adore" with all the keyboards and such. After seeing him on Letterman last week (I was not at all impressed) and hearing about the blog about his upbringing, I'm about ready to write him off.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Maybe he should have called it "The futile embrace". I liked all the albums from Gish to Mellon Collie, but my preference goes back mostly to Siamese, Gish and Lull. WHAT HAPPENED? All things change, but there's no reason they couldn't get back together and still make good music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks