What's new

Bill Hunt has a Star Wars secret (1 Viewer)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Since the other thread about the upcoming Star Wars reviews got shot down...
In today's Digital Bits column Bill Hunt teases us with the bit about knowing when the next Star Wars film hits DVD.
I can't wait until tomorrow to find out.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Amen.
I'm really curious to find how the sound of the disc compares to the LD.
------------------
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

Brad M

Second Unit
Any news other than, "in the foreseeable future" is great news. Even just a year! I can't wait for Episode 1.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Ah, I was just going to post about this!!! This is OBVIOUSLY not Episode I, since we already know when it's coming out. I'm PRAYING that he's referring to Episode IV, coming out next year in time for its 25th anniversary, as I have predicted. But I bet it's just an estimate for how long after it's out of theaters Episode II's DVD will take to come out
frown.gif
. Either way, it's straight from Lucas' mouth, so The Digital Bits is probably right :).
-Tom
------------------
There is nothing wrong with any of the surrounds on your Forrest Gump DVD! It's ok!!!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
fantasy "And the best news about the new release of IV is that Lucas is including both the original theatrical release and the recent special edition." /fantasy
:)
Sorry if you saw that before I edited it! The marks around the words fantasy were read as tags, so those words didn't show up! Not trying to start anything.
[Edited last by Greg_S_H on September 10, 2001 at 03:03 PM]

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
If this is some sort of cruel joke, and the “next” Star Wars film is Episode One, I’m going to be pissed!
With my luck it will be a double feature of the “Star Wars Christmas Special”, and the “Ewoks battle for Endor”.
What are the odds of a surprise announcement along the lines of Star Wars: A New Hope, for a release to DVD in 2002! I guess we will have to check back tomorrow!
...I'm still waiting for Lucas's "other" masterpiece! Howard the Duck!
wink.gif

Spence
------------------
SpenceJT
Link Removed
"...now what's all this crud about no movie tonight!"
- Thank you Mr. Lemmon

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
When that came up, I was horrified. "Oh, no! I'm going to spread false information!" Heh. Wouldn't you know that would be the exact moment the server decided to go into dog slow mode.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I pray that the next DVD will come out next year. Releasing EpIV on DVD would be a great way to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the first Star Wars film. I guess I will have to set my alarm for 2:01 AM to find out...
sleep.gif

Chris
------------------
Star Wars: http://www.ig88-.net

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
I think the next DVD will be Episode I the DTS version. C'mon it is Luca$ we are talking about. He is going to rape the DVD market as much as he can. Just like he did with the LD and VHS market. I really doubt episode 4 will be out anytime soon and be the non CGI version. Although that would be cool if it is Episode 4 non CGI as the next release. I am just very skeptical on it. As for Episode II if it is anything like Episode I, then they should just release it stright to video and then pay you to sit through more Jar Jar. :D

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
Joshua,
I don't think it would be a DTS version of TPM. If he wnated to rape as you put it one more time he would wait until everybody already bought the DD version then he would announce DTS.
Bill,
I hope your webserver is ready. I smell a masssive bandwith meltdown.
Kevin C. :)
------------------
If you live in the Wichita KS area and are interested in a local meet click here

DanR

Supporting Actor
I'm guessing it will be something along the lines of "Episode IV in 2002", which is nothing that hasn't been rumored for a while.
I think it will pretty mich be a "non-event" if it is "Episode IV in 2002". Why? Because why the hell would they make them wait until September 11 to be able to post the "news"? It can't be that spectacular if LFL is letting the news out this early.
I just hope they got "news" on Indiana Jones too, but I doubt it.
Regards,
Dan

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
It will be Episode I in DTS with the special "SW Memorial" documentary only available on the DD disc.
biggrin.gif

ChrisLee

Stunt Coordinator
Haha I live in Hawaii! I'm convinced that its about the release of Ep4 on its 25th birthday. I only say this because it just makes sense. But then again Lucas has done alot of things that don't make sense. Oh well I'll know at 9 o'clock :)
------------------
"I View the World in Anamorphic Widescreen"

Brennan Hill

Stunt Coordinator
quote: And the good news is that we know when the next Star Wars film is coming out on DVD. [/quote]
Seems pretty clear to me that the good news is going to be the release date for Episode II DVD. To me, "next film", indicates just that, the next film, not a DTS Episode I release, or "Ewoks Adventure". And that is good news, because whether the film is good or not, we will all have less to whine about if we know the release date this time before the film is even released in theaters. If it was the orginal trilogy, I think he would have been much more excited in his teaser, something along the lines of "the incredible news we've been all waiting to hear," or the like. That said, I hope I'm wrong and it's concerning the original trilogy.
biggrin.gif

Brennan
[Edited last by Brennan Hill on September 10, 2001 at 07:28 PM]

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
not a DTS Episode I release, or "Ewoks Adventure"
I think, after the long drought, there's a sizable group of people out there who would want The Star Wars Holiday Special, The Ewok Adventure, Ewoks: The Battle For Endor, and maybe ever the two cartoon series. While not what everyone wants the next DVD announcement to be, I think if they were announced IN ADDITION to one of the other main films, then the fans would be in ecstasy and the money would start to pour in...
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Seems pretty clear to me that the good news is going to be the release date for Episode II DVD. To me, "next film", indicates just that, the next film, not a DTS Episode I release, or "Ewoks Adventure".
Killjoy.
wink.gif

Seriously, I was getting pretty excited about this, but what you say makes perfect sense. And, knowing when Attack of the Clones is going to come out on DVD is not that exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks