1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Bill Gates Assassination 'Documentary' to premiere

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg_Y, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

From the Drudge Report:

2. Brian_J

Brian_J Second Unit

All I can muster is yuk.
    [​IMG]
    Brian

3. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

If anyone can prevent a film like this from being made/released, it's Mr. Gates.

4. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

5. Joe D

Joe D Supporting Actor

This is pretty pathetic. If someone is going to do something like this, at least change the name of the person.

6. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

7. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

8. Joe D

Joe D Supporting Actor

It's not about wimping out in what you're attempting to make, but it's a matter of respect to the person.

9. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

I'm not sure I see what problems you guys have with this film. It sounds interesting to me. I don't think we should be judging it without even having seen it. As was referred to above the director says the film isn't about Bill Gates, he's just a jumping off point. A pretty good one for a film about ecconomic and racial class division. I suspect Bill Gates is being used simply in his capasity as the richest man on Earth, not as a anti-competitive nazi. That being the case I say he's fair game. I've not seen the movie, so for all I know it's a pile of crap that is extremely offensive, but it's not fair to make that assumption based on little more than this thread's subject line.

10. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

I agree with what Brad just said. This sounds like Gates being used as an identifiable figure of immense wealth and power in America.
    And unlike Kane, this sounds like less of a character assassination than Kane (ironically). [​IMG]
    I assume the story must go that the "killer" was a fall guy for some more sinister plot and cover-up, probably for power and corruption. Meanwhile the class war heats up due to the cover story patsy.
    Gates needs to lighten up on this one. If it was some dream fantasy on how wonderful it would be to kill Gates that's one thing, but this is nothing more than an Escape from NY level of attack (meaning depicting the attempted murder of the president). Plot device is much different than "theme".