What's new

Bill Cosby...When ? (2 Viewers)

Gordon Wakim

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gordon
I have noticed that a large amount of George Carlin
laugh.gif
material has been released this week including a 5 disc box set. This got me thinking about other comedians. Does anybody know when and if any of the Bill Cosby material will be released on DVD ? I would love to own "Bill Cosby, Himself" on DVD
laugh.gif

------------------
Welcome My Son, Welcome To The Machine

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Gordon,
I'm w/ you. This is a classic and I want it on DVD too, but the recent HTF chat w/ Fox's Peter Staddon didn't bring very good news about it.
Clay_H: Hi Peter, congrats on the huge turn-out tonight. I was wondering...if we asked really nicely, do you think we might see "Bill Cosby: Himself" in the near future?
PeterStaddon: Thanks, "Bill Cosby himself" will not be seen on DVD in the near future, I don't think we have even looked at that yet so it would be a way off in the future. Thanks.
Taken from http://www.hometheaterforum.com/files/fox3.txt
Peace,
DM
------------------
"We all end up dead, the question is how and why."

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That is too bad about Bill Cosby on DVD.
I would love to have "Himself" to put into my player.
What a funny, funny man!
------------------
-Rodney
No MAR'ed Films, I want my OAR!

JamesCS

Stunt Coordinator
I'll second that. Bill Cosby's on-stage comedy material is outstanding and really deserves a treatment on DVD.

Gordon Wakim

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gordon
Thanks for the info from the Fox chat. I am really sorry to hear that no work is being done to release the Cosby material. This is one of the best pieces of comedy I have seen.
------------------
Welcome My Son, Welcome To The Machine

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I watched Bill Cosby: Himself this last weekend. Very funny.

While I am glad my TiVo captured it, I would rather have this film on DVD. Any news for this year?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I just bought this for my g/f for her bday last week.
A $7 vhs copy from media Play:frowning:

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
"I said, 'Isn't that the head?'"

He said, 'Yeah.'

'I said, 'Well, go get it!'

He says, 'It's stuck!'

I said, 'Well, get the salad spoons, man!'"

I have this on VHS, too, and even though I practically have the thing memorized, I'd love to have it on DVD, as well.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I love this too, and would love to own it. The first time I saw it, I was surprised when he said asshole, because I never thought of Bill Cosby as one who used profanity at all in his acts. He definitely doesn't need to use it to be funny, because he's funny without it.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Count me in also as one who would jump in on the DVD ... I remember the original HBO broadcast of Bill Cosby-Himself years ago and thought it was (and still IS) the funniest thing to hit TV.
On Childbirth: ...in the hospital, feeling the pain-"she stood up in the stirrups and said "YOU did this to me!!"" :D

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
It is very, very funny.

Cosby: (paraphrasing)..."for years I thought my name was Jesus Christ or Damn it as this is what my dad always said to us....DAMN-IT, WILL YOU GET IN HERE! JESUS CHRIST!"...

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
I totally love this performance also. I own the laser disk and would really love to have the DVD.

Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks