What's new

Bill Cosby: Himself - 8/10 (1 Viewer)

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
No Dear! Not in the Ferrari, In the bushes, dear, but not in the Ferrari!

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Breathing Cosbys!
Zof! Woof! Weef! Wof! PUSH! PUSH!

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I'm gonna spoiler tag these so as not to give away all the good parts, especially for those who haven't seen the show yet.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
...and my wife sent me to my room :) which is where I wanted to go in the first place.

-----

I said, "Isn't that the head?"
He said, "Yeah."
I said, "Well go get it!"
He says, "It's stuck!"
I said, "Well get the salad spoons, man!"

Can't wait. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
"I am just sick and tired..."

And usually "tired" follows "sick"...

So one day she says, "I am just sick..."

And I said, "And tired..."

I don't remember anything after that.

Classic! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I loved all of Cosby's early stuff on albums; but I think that as he got older he replaced well timed punch lines with JUST YELLING! So I'm curious, does this come from his early or late period?

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
"Remember, son, I brought you into this world, and I'll take you out! And it don't matter to me 'cause I'll make another one look just like you!"

I remember reciting this whole show word-for-word! This special and "To Russell, My Brother, With Whom I Slept" are two of the funniest collections of comedy ever uttered, IMHO! :emoji_thumbsup:

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
My brother and I shared a room when we were little and we used to fall asleep listening to "To Russell, My Brother, With Whom I Slept." Funny, funny stuff.

"The belt was nine feet long, six feet wide and it had hooks on it that would rip the meat off your body if it ever hit you."

:D

Peace,

DM

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
This is a favorite of mine... who said that comedy had to be vulgur to be funny (not that the vulgur stuff isn't funny). Bill Cosby is a gifted comic. I'm really looking forward to picking this up.

Might even get one for my dad -- he's the one that sat me down and made me watch it the first time.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
My whole family loves this concert! Even with my friends, sections of the "Himself" material manage to make their way into normal conversation.

"Hey Rick, how's your Dad doin'?"

"Dad is great! Givus da chocklit cake!"

:laugh:

Can't wait to add it to the collection!

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's here! I just got it in the mail! Now, do I wait to watch it with the wife, or put it in now and laugh, laugh laugh?

(Plastic coming off.....)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I've always been a fan, but I've just recently gotten into his comedy albums after purchasing four of them at Borders. The man is a genius. I'll definitely be picking this one up this week.

It's a shame he hasn't released an album in a while (at least I don't think he has). I'd love to have some new material.

(BTW, I own Revenge; To Russell, My Brother Whom I Slept With; Why is There Air?; and Wonderfullness--which one should I go for next?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks