What's new

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure box art (1 Viewer)

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
I really hope that the cover art that dvdempire is showing for both excellent adventure and bogus journey are not the actual covers. They are really bad! Why can't we get the good old art like what was on the old VHS copy, and I think it was also the poster art. If I was just browsing through DVDs in a store I don't think I would know this was Bill and Ted because I would be looking for the old box art.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The cover art at DVDEmpire, while small (I couldn't find a method to enlarge the graphic), looks a lot like the poster art for each film.
Amazon and Express and Image have no art yet.
DVDPlanet has the same art for Bogus Journey as DVDEmpire does, just without the MGM logo on top. But their Excellent Adventure art is wildly different...it's something I've seen before but I don't recall where (a cable TV company's customized scheduling guide comes to mind)...but it has two logos on the bottom corners that are NOT MGM's, and so may be a non-R1 version of the cover.
We'll see. If what Empire has is right, I don't think it's bad at all.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
39534t.jpg

39533t.jpg

Sorry that they're blurry because I enlarged them, but this should give you a better idea of what they look like. i like them.
[Edited last by Scott_J on September 06, 2001 at 09:09 PM]

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
After doing some research it looks like bogus journey has the same cover as the vhs, at least the only vhs copy that I could find, still not great but at least the same. My main complaint is with Excellent Adventure. If you go to IMDB they have the US 1 sheet poster and that is the same image that was used for the old Orion vhs version. I will still buy them no matter what, but much prefer the old cover.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Wait a sec dudes, maybe somebody traveled back to 1988, changed the original poster artwork, and were the only ones on THIS timeline that remembers!?!
eek.gif

NO WAY!, the new covers really suck!
------------------
"How can I heal, when I can't feel time?"
Leonard from Memento

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
Just to chime in, yeah they suck , but we're finally getting the movies.
They are both the original poster art, just zoomed a bit on Bogus Journey and a BIG bit on Excellent Adventure.
------------------
Crash
"I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'll definately be replacing the art on Excellent Adventure with the proper artwork
Jeff Kleist

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I'm sorry, I like them. Here they are large in HQ. Taken from DVDshrine, hosted on my own server as not to waste their bandwidth.
If anyone has the "original" cover art, I'd love to see it.
billted1.jpg

billted2.jpg

------------------
Kyle³
------------------
Yahoo Messenger - digitalkyle

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Here's the original poster:
Link Removed
which kicks the pee out of this:
billted1.jpg

-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
At least ours is better than the R2 version...which Alex Winter didn't even get his name mentioned. Looks like they used part of the original poster art :)
billted1uk.jpg

------------------
Kyle³
------------------
Yahoo Messenger - digitalkyle
[Edited last by Kyle McKnight on September 07, 2001 at 09:17 PM]

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm, R2's not TOO bad. I would have lived had they used that.
Vince, did you just link that from IMDB, or do you have access to a high-res version?
Jeff Kleist

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
As a general rule, I always like it when the studio uses the original one-sheet artwork as the cover for the DVD. That said, if they are going to go ahead and change it anyway, this is one of the few times I think the change has been for the better.
While I wish they'd have stuck with the poster art just because it is the original poster art, I like the new DVD cover better, in and of itself. The original poster looks too much like an amateur photoshop cut-and-paste job. Silly.
The new DVD cover is brighter and more radiant. I think it better captures the energy and spirit of the film. I like it.

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
I like the R1 covers. The original poster art would have been better, but the R1's are good, IMHO. I also think the R1 cover totally CRUSHES the R2 cover, if for no other reason than that it actually mentions and shows the other actors besides Keanu Reeves.
I hate it when they release older movies in which one person has gone on to become a household name, and stick that name up in GIGANTIC LETTERS ON THE COVER. It's darn near an insult to the other actors. I don't think Keanu was any more crucial to the movie than was Alex Winter.
The only way they could have made the R2 worse IMHO would have been to take a huge facial close up of Keanu and slapped that one on the cover. We've seen something like that on other movies in other regions too where they've actually done something like that.
------------------
/Kimmo

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Actually, I'm still trying to figure out why the R2 cover has them sitting on Earth.
confused.gif

One other thing I noticed about the covers is that it seems MGM has done away with their banners at the top of their DVDs, "categorizing" the films. I recently saw the Excellent Adventure VHS in a store, and it had the Movie Time banner at the top - so I assumed the DVD would, as well. Let's hope MGM is beginning to stop that practice with all of their titles. The MGM DVD logo, while not great, is better IMO.

Matthew H

Second Unit
I'm one that agrees original poster art should be used, but I think the covers look great. I'm just glad they're finally coming to DVD.
------------------
Matt
Mobu? Sounds like some sort of damn car polish.
My DVD Collection
[Edited last by Matthew H on September 09, 2001 at 09:31 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks