What's new

Bilko (1 Viewer)

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator
Over here in the UK the Phil Silvers Show or Bilko as everyone calls it, is very popular indeed. I am interested to hear what other forum members think is the liklihood of ever seeing this great show on DVD in a complete chronological release. I'd buy it like a shot if ever released. However, I get the feeling that it was more popular in the UK than the States and I guess the potential audience in the UK would not merit the costs of releasing it over here. Any thoughts?

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
It hasn't been on here in the US very much, but it should be! This was really one of the best comedy series that has ever been out, and I'd buy it in an instant!

Glenn

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Bilko is absolutely hilarious. I would buy a full DVD set in an instant.
Anchor Bay will, within the next couple of years I expect, release Carry On Follow That Camel - which may be as close to a Bilko as we will get from R1. Looking on the bright side though, more and more TV is getting released on DVD (inc. B/W classics such as The Outer Limits), so I have high hopes that The Phil Silvers Show will be on DVD eventually. I just pray for complete seasons, not any "best of" half measures.
And talking about B/W comedy classics, I really hope the original Addams Family will see the light of day on DVD soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks