What's new

Bigscreens affect 2-channel music listening? (1 Viewer)

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
someone mentioned in another thread that after removing their big screen and replacing with projector setup it really improved 2-ch sound. Does having a "big black box" in between your speakers really mess up the sound? What about if you move the speaker out from the TV a little so that woofers and tweeter are in front of the set? Right now I have a big Ent. center housing my current 32" TV and thats what I do now..moved the speakers out from the center a bit. I will be getting a 65" soon though and dumping the ent center.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Having a big box between your front speakers does interfere with the imaging of your sound. And yes, moving the speakers out in front of the box helps.

How much degradation is caused is a case by case thing. If the sound is ok for you don't sweat it. Everything is a compromise. If you got a front projector that would have its own compromises that might not involve the same audio issue but would involve light control in the room and other issues such as projector fan noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks