Biggest Loser 2

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by RyanAn, Aug 23, 2005.

1. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

After being pushed back some two months, the sophomore season of Biggest Loser is debuting on September 13!

Are there any fans of the first season who are excited about this one? Anyone going to give this a shot after not liking the previous season?

Ryan

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I didn't watch the first season(never got around to it) but I think I will give this one a chance.

3. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

Well alright, we are only a matter of days from the second season premiere coming up this Tuesday, the 13th. It also just so happens to be a 90-minute extended episode, probably followed by the equally entertaining "My Life is Earl."

Just this morning I saw the Biggest Loser 2 segement on E's NBC's Fall Preview." It looks like the people on this season are even more endearing, if that is at all possible. What does everyone think about the "characters" - anyone who instantly like or dislike?

A brief discription:

Jeff - The Doctor
    Mark - The Cop
    Matt - A former Olympic hopeful (my pick)
    Nick -The Comedian
    Pete - The Devoted Husband
    Ruben - The Single Guy
    Seth - The New Dad

Andrea - The Soccer Mom
    Jen - The Med Student
    Kathryn - The Attorney
    Ryan - The Preacher's Daughter
    Shannon - The Diva
    Suzanne - The Bride to Be
    Suzy - The Single Girl

Here is the official Biggest Loser site on NBC for more indepth profiles

Ryan

4. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    RyanAn, Oh No!!!!!

lol

I am going to be watching this one too. Wonder if we will actually like the same team?

I loved this show last season. There are some aspects I didn't like, but all in all I liked it.

I just wish that the Men and Women didn't have to compete against each other. I say this because men and women don't really loose weight the same. Women are usually not as heavy to start with so don't get the same initial loss.

Either way, I'll be watching and posting [​IMG]

5. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

Exactly. Where is it written that all reality shows must have an elimination process? I'm sick of it.

I mainly wish they didn't do it for this show, especially for the first few weeks. Last season people learned and applied what they learned throughout the several weeks of the show. If the show really cared about these people losing weight and improving their health then they would at least allow them all to really learn how to lose weight before "releasing" them back into the real world again. At least allow the eliminated contestants the opportunity to stay at the ranch to continue their training.

I felt like the first one or two people from last season were not there long enough to really make a lifestyle change. I would be surprised if they kept their weight off. As for the top finishers, I hope they show them again to see if they kept off the weight after a year.

Last season's show was probably the most touching show of all. It was really inspiring to me seeing all these people making such dramatic weight changes. It made me want to go to the gym after every episode. Hopefully after this season, it will inspire me to actually go to the gym.:b

6. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

Nice to see you Scott [​IMG] and Hunter.

I too have been in a bitter battle with my weight for some years, having lost a little over 100 lbs so far, with a bit left until I am at my ideal weight. This is probably the main reason I watch Biggest Loser, because I feel normal amoung them. Good luck Hunter!

So, what did everyone think of last nights episode? While at first I wanted Shannon to win on the girl's team, I have since taken that back after seeing her last night. The fondue - gross. Very gross - and that is for just about everyone as well. At least in the first season there was some restraint and of course no temptation in the first five minutes. [​IMG]

I feel for Reuban, as he did loose a tremedous amount of weight, but he could have lost even more. The blame game should not have solely been on him though. Just to note, all those weight loses were in only one week? 28 lbs? Is that even remotely possible?

Ryan

7. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    I think that the large weight loss on the first week was caused by 2 things. First, they all binged the night before the first weigh-in. This probably added a couple of pounds to the starting weight. This might be why the producers did this.

There is also a large amount of water weight that comes off this first week. I bet the losses next week will be a lot smaller.

I too have been fighting my weight. Right now, sadly, I am at my largest ever. This is why I watch the show. I have managed to loose 100+ pounds before, but over the years it has come back. I blame it on the way I did it. I did it the wrong way... By starvation. Now, my metabolism is so slow, I can't eat anything without gaining weight. I am now doomed, but there is hope for these folks if they loose it the right way. I can live vicariously through them.

I am not sure I am liking the whole men vrs women thing. There is no real way to make it fair. If you go by actual weight loss, the men have an advantage. Using percentage is actually an advantage to the women because they have a higher body fat percentage. Don't really know how they can make it fair.

8. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

Same thing happened last season. Tremendous loss in the first week then nothing the second week. Losses showed up again in the third week but not as drastic. Takes time for the body to adjust which is why...

I hope you really don't feel this way. If you eat right and stick to the program then just ignore what results you get in the first month or so. Your body will adjust to the new lifestyle. Just trust in it.

I guess I am lucky in that I am only around 20-30 lbs over my ideal weight. However I am already noticing that I am less agile. Doing daily things like getting out of the car takes effort now.:b

I joined a gym last week so hopefully I can sexify (my word) myself again. [​IMG]

9. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    Well, I guess now that Nick is gone, the health nazi trainer will chill out a bit. [​IMG]

I wouldn't last 5 minutes in a room with Jillian. You can tell she has utter distain for "fat" people and gets her jollies off of treating them all like dirt.

Bob's way of training is so much better in my view.

I do feel bad for Nick tho. You can tell he didn't stick to it when he left [​IMG]

10. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

Scott, you know that Jillian used to be heavily overweight right? I know she is pretty strict, but in my opinion, totally in the right. I want everyone to be healthy, and it pains me that in the history of Biggest Loser, (all two season) only two people have not lost a lot of weight since they left and it is even worse that they were back to back.
    Nick was literally dead weight and it is a positive turn for their team.

Ryan

11. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    I agree Nick deserved to go. I just dont see how yelling and treating people bad is a good way to motivate. I forgot that Jillian used to be heavier but that only makes her attitude seem worse to me. I think she has some issues of her own she should deal with before beeing allowed to "teach" others.

You would think she would know how the others feel, but instead she sees her "old self" in them and is angry at them. Like it reminds her of a bad time in her life.

I have seen the scenes where she gets all lovey dovie with them sitting on the floor. It didn't seem genuine to me.

Besides, I had to find something we disagree on in this show [​IMG]

12. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

ZOMG, best finale evar.[​IMG]

The people in this season underwent even more drastic changes than the first season. I was in shock at looking at everyone. Everyone had defined muscles (even under that loose skin.):b Some of them were totally hot, like Suzy and Andrea. Ruben surprised me on how much he did on the ranch despite being eliminated early.

Kathryn didn't lose any weight since she left the ranch and I cracked up how they just glossed over her as quickly as possible. I think she arrived at the show, saw the other people and thought, "Oh wait. You guys actually took this weight loss thing seriously? It wasn't just for the show?"[​IMG]

Several people lost over 100 lbs. Some did over 150. And then there was Pete. When I saw Pete I knew he lost the most weight of anyone period. He ended up losing almost 200 lbs. He looked amazing.

I am a little dissapointed that they didn't show some people from the first season. It would have been nice to see if they kept it up now that the money is not on the line. The official site does have a picture of each one of the original cast but it's not the same.[​IMG]

I have this on TiVo and it's now in "Save Until I Delete" status. I'm gonna rewatch it the next time I need some inspiration.

13. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Any idea why that one guy didn't show up??

14. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

Because he was a lazy... something or other. When he was voted out, and they showed him after, it looked like he had already gained several pounds.

I was so happy with everyone's weightlosses! It seemed the later they were booted off the show, the more they lost. The final 3 was a very tight race - I kind of felt that Suzy and Seth were much closer than to Matt. I am very happy that the contestants are trying their best to prove that you can change your lives.

Oh, and Gary and Jay were in the crowd for last season. They were only on camera for a few moments, though.

Who hoo! New seasons in January!!

Ryan