What's new

Biggest/Best TV I can fit in 40.5" wide cabinet? (1 Viewer)

DerekF

Stunt Coordinator
Biggest/Best TV I can fit in 40.5" wide cabinet?
Due to space constraints with a built-in entertainment unit, I have floor-to-ceiling height available, but only 40.5" in width to fit the biggest/best possible picture I can. Cost is not really an object (but let's not get carried away!!;) )
Any suggestions?
Seating distance is about 10'. Thanks in advance!!

Jim FC

Stunt Coordinator
Sony's 34" 16:9 XBR will fit in there. So will Sony's 4:3 36" XBR. Both TVs are direct-view (tube) sets, and both in the $2500 range.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Yes, the 34XBR800 16x9 or 36XBR800 4x3 is best depending what your viewing habbits are. More DVD's and HD=16x9, more cable/sat/VHS=4x3.

DerekF

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for your input guys! I'm leaning toward the 36" XBR 800. There is a lot of off-axis seating, and I play a ton of video games (potential burn-in issues), so the RPTV may not be my best choice...

...would I be accurate in saying that in comparing the 36XBR800 Vs the best 43" RPTV, the XBR would win?

Jim FC

Stunt Coordinator
Depends on what you're comparing. It's like comparing an SUV to a sports car... each does its own thing pretty well. RPTVs typically have more accurate color and larger size, direct-view sets have better brightness and viewing angle. Which one would "win" is largely up to you to decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks