What's new

Bigfoot found??? (1 Viewer)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
If you don't come to the Dark Side, there is another. And get a haircut!

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
No not serious at all. I hope it was a little funny though. :P I don't think Bigfoot exists and I also take what all the "expert" scientists say with a grain of salt also. Just because a bunch of people get together and agree on something, back it up with expensive research equipment, develop charts and graphs, build educated theory on top of theory doesn't make me believe in it either. It also doesn't mean that I don't believe - It basically makes me say Hmmm and wait for facts and proof.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Unless you have a time machine and can travel back to the singularity, I'm afraid "educated theory on top of educated theory" is all you've got in regards to the Big Bang, because the "facts" you seek ain't coming. But that's ok, because that's all the scientists have too. They just know how that theory was reached a whole lot better than most.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

Russel, why are you so bitter? Suddenly you have deemed this thread a sham. I'm not writing all this for my health, or to egg people on. I'm serious about the subject. If you feel this thread has gone dark, then fine. I also realize that the cons outweigh the pros concerning Bigfoot. I know it's improbable, but it is also plausible that it exists. This is what keeps me going. This is the spur.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member

Bingo. Plus they had to make up the Big Bang since they didn't want to concede the possibility that "someone" created the universe.

It stuns me that anyone could think the Big Bang is more likely than the existence of an ape in the woods.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

Well, that we now understand that the Earth is older then about 6000 years if your being generous, it kinda blew away that theory....

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
And it stuns me that anyone could allow prejudice to prevail over evidence to such a degree that such a statement as that would even make sense.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Please. Do not see my post as any sort of support for these types of statements. I in no way intended to disparage the Big Bang theory, and I in no way think the Big Bang is less likely than Bigfoot. I'm sorry, but it appears you have a ways to go before you understand enough about science to get the irony in my post.

PS - There are plenty of scentists who believe in a creator, and that belief does not discount the Big Bang, or any other scientific theory. One of them was named Einstein.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

So yeah, not so much a big believer of a Creator. I don't know though what he thought on Bigfoot.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Never knew that. Thanks for the info.

Still, there are plenty of others who do believe in a creator, and that belief does not mean the Big Bang didn't happen, nor was the Big Bang Theory made up to falsify a creator's existence.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Two quotes from Bryan excerpted below:

This unicorn goat and I are troubled by your selective use of "plausibility" as evidence of existence.

:D

Brad

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I introduce you to my new theory "The tribal cusp".

So, it takes thousands of Sasquatch to sustain their numbers? Very well. So be it. In the late 60's early 70's, there were just a handful of Bigfoot left roaming the Pacific Northwest. A few 'tribes' consisting of 3-7 creatures per tribe. I'll use a ballpark figure of 38 total Sasquatch left in the world in 1975. Given that the average life span of an adult Sasquatch is 35 years(just a guess, but I feel an accurate one), they should be extinct as of now. This may explain the rash of sightings, and tracks found in the 70's early 80's. As their numbers grew smaller, they ventured out of their territories in search for other Sasquatch. But alas, The Bigfoot are now extinct.

I proclaim any Bigfoot sightings from this day forward to be completely fraudulent, and hereby retire my Bigfoot hunter status.

I would be more than happy to discuss past Bigfoot sightings, with other Bigfoot enthusiasts in great detail though.

Bigfoot was real, he just died out.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Your theory would only make sense if there was actual, indisputable evidence of Bigfoot, ever. :P

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Originally Posted by Bryan^H

I introduce you to my new theory "The tribal cusp".

So, it takes thousands of Sasquatch to sustain their numbers? Very well. So be it. In the late 60's early 70's, there were just a handful of Bigfoot left roaming the Pacific Northwest. A few 'tribes' consisting of 3-7 creatures per tribe. I'll use a ballpark figure of 38 total Sasquatch left in the world in 1975. Given that the average life span of an adult Sasquatch is 35 years(just a guess, but I feel an accurate one), they should be extinct as of now. This may explain the rash of sightings, and tracks found in the 70's early 80's. As their numbers grew smaller, they ventured out of their territories in search for other Sasquatch. But alas, The Bigfoot are now extinct.

I proclaim any Bigfoot sightings from this day forward to be completely fraudulent, and hereby retire my Bigfoot hunter status.

I would be more than happy to discuss past Bigfoot sightings, with other Bigfoot enthusiasts in great detail though.

Bigfoot was real, he just died out.

I have an alternate theory: Bigfoot is not real, and never was. Reported sightings are a mixture of honest mistakes/misidentifications and deliberate frauds/hoaxes. This theory is also consistent with the available evidence, plus it has the advantage that it doesn't postulate an unknown hominid species, thereby satisfying Occam's Razor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks