Big Wednesday - American Grafitti + Alices Restaurant?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dennis Nicholls, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    I just finished a not too critical viewing of the new DVD of Big Wednesday, a film by John Milius.
    John Milius. As in The Wind and The Lion. As in Apocalypse Now. As in Red Dawn.
    I'm going to have to see this several times. But a first impression is a mixture of American Grafitti plus some scenes from Alice's Restaurant. This film serves as a warm-up to the importance of the surfing scenes in Apocalypse Now.
    Milius did a commentary track for this Warner release. I'll have to listen to it on another viewing. But is this a premonition of Milius doing a commentary for an SE of The Wind And The Lion? [​IMG]

2. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis
    Hey Jack Briggs, you should comment on this one.[​IMG]

3. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    I saw "Big Wednesday" 3 times theatrically when it first came out. I'm eagerly awaiting my DVD now on-route by mail order to me, since the local Borders only had ordered one darned copy! (HERE, in Hawaii!) [​IMG]
    That's a good point about the "warm-up" to the importance of the surfing in "Apocalypse Now"!
    BTW, Dennis, hope your cats are fine! [​IMG] (You sent me a photo of the adorable Fluffy Pumpkin by e-mail a long while back!)

4. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis
    Hey Attilla, go scratch your servant and get him to comment on this one. Is there no interest on this title?