What's new

Big Wednesday - American Grafitti + Alices Restaurant? (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I just finished a not too critical viewing of the new DVD of Big Wednesday, a film by John Milius.
John Milius. As in The Wind and The Lion. As in Apocalypse Now. As in Red Dawn.
I'm going to have to see this several times. But a first impression is a mixture of American Grafitti plus some scenes from Alice's Restaurant. This film serves as a warm-up to the importance of the surfing scenes in Apocalypse Now.
Milius did a commentary track for this Warner release. I'll have to listen to it on another viewing. But is this a premonition of Milius doing a commentary for an SE of The Wind And The Lion?
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I saw "Big Wednesday" 3 times theatrically when it first came out. I'm eagerly awaiting my DVD now on-route by mail order to me, since the local Borders only had ordered one darned copy! (HERE, in Hawaii!) :rolleyes
That's a good point about the "warm-up" to the importance of the surfing in "Apocalypse Now"!
BTW, Dennis, hope your cats are fine! :) (You sent me a photo of the adorable Fluffy Pumpkin by e-mail a long while back!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks