What's new

Big Trouble DVD - Uncut R or PG-13? (1 Viewer)

Brian Tanaka

Auditioning
Heard somewhere that this orginally was intended for an R rating and was toned down after Sept. 11. Wondering what was in store for this little gem, and whether the DVD is going to have the original intended cut of the film or not.
Thanks.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
It was given the PG-13 rating May 2001, so it wasn't toned down and no changes were made due to September 11 in terms of violent content, etc. In fact, I'm not even sure if ANY changes were made from the cut to be released on September 21, since the stuff that really would be offensive was crucial to the plot. Definitely no R rating though.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Heard somewhere that this orginally was intended for an R rating and was toned down after Sept. 11.
The film was just delayed after September 11th, not edited in any way shape or form. The movie follows the book very closely (except that the movie doesn't follow the ending as I would've liked it to) and the only thing in the book that would be offensive (before 9/11 or after 9/11) are the uses of the word 'fuck'.

I just hope the DVD includes deleted scenes (some of which were shown in the trailers and most of the deleted scenes shown in the trailer deal with what would be the book's ending).

Joe Schwartz

Second Unit
Matthew, which deleted scenes were shown in the trailer? I've read the book, and aside from the short epilogue, I don't think there's much more they could have added to the ending of the movie.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Anyone know if Big Trouble is still slated for October 8th.

Missed this one in the theaters and my wife loves Dave Barry stories. He is a great humorist.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Big Trouble is still slated for an October 8th release date. Specs include 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, Dolby Digital 5.1, audio commentary with the director, and a 25 minute production featurette.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks