What's new

big thumbs up to Parts Express! (1 Viewer)

diceman1000

Stunt Coordinator
as a couple of you know, i have recently been on a speaker buying spree. well, i ended up with a pair of BIC DV62si bookshelf speakers, BIC DV62LCR-S center, a pair of Dayton Audio B652's for surrounds, and a Dayton Audio SUB-1000 for the sub stage.well, i finally got around to testing out everything today. all of the BIC speakers worked perfectly out of the box and sounded dang good too. the Daytons sounded wonderful, but one of the woofers was making a popping sound on any tight, kick drum stuff... any how, i called PE and talked to a tech and he gave me the standard test everything speech. i did as he said and determined that the woofer was faulty, so, i called back and spoke to another tech to see waht i needed to do as far as replacement went. i asked if they could send me a replacement woofer or if i needed to send the pair back... well, much to my surprise, the man on the phone says "for no nore than these cost, they're not even worth your time to ship back, i'll just send you out a new pair and you can keep the ones you have for extras or for extra enclosures or whatever"this may not sound like a big thing to most folks, but it has earned PE a lifetime customer. i have dealt with so many companies with crap CS that this was quite refreshing:D

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
i have dealt with so many companies with crap CS that this was quite refreshing:D
I've been ordering from PE since the 90's and this doesn't surpise me. But Monoprice actually has better customer service.

I had one of their first 4x2 HDMI matrix switch boxes. It was great but sometimes it wouldn't let the TV lock into the signal. I lived with the issue for a couple of years and by accident ran across a thread on another forum discussing this very issue. The thread was 2 years old and at the time, Monoprice was replacing the switch boxes for free. I e-mailed their customer service address and referenced the thread with a simple question of "is it too late to replace my box?". 30 minutes later I had a reply that contained a UPS tracking number and instructions for sending my old box back postage paid.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I picked up a Topping TP60 amp recently from them and after just a few weeks it started to go wonky. It was driving easy to drive surrounds crossed at 80Hz, so load should not have been an issue. I've driven these speakers with two other amps before and a new amp currently without issue, so there was no question it was the amp having the issue. Emailed them and they issued an RMA for repair/replacement right away. Free shipping would have been nice, but my new amp is arriving today.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks