Big Surprise!! No Bad News Bearsat BB!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Fineberg, Feb 12, 2002.

1. Brian Fineberg

Brian Fineberg Second Unit

I am pretty sick Of BB not having cataloug titles when ey ae supposed to. Groundhog day and Now this!!!
    They need to step it up!!
    -B[​IMG]

2. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

Best Buy rarely has catalog titles on street date, unless they are advertised. Usually they just trickle into their regular shipments and take a few weeks.

I suggested you order online for titles like this.

I always order my catalog or obscure titles from someplace like DVD Empire, and save the Best Buy trips for biggger new releases where they'll have plenty of stock and on sale.

I rarely miss out on having something on street date and I usually always pay rock bottom by following this strategy.

3. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Well this is just some buyer at Best Buy being stupid. That's twice now when I simply walked across the street and bought it for the same price at Circuit City.

4. MichaelG

MichaelG Second Unit

Maybe I wasn't buying that many catalog titles on release date before, but I am definately noticing it now. I still don't have Groundhog Day SE, but someone besides Best Buy is going to get my $$ for that movie. What's going to happen with Say Anything ????? I used to make a trip to Best Buy every Tuesday, now it seems that I don't need to do that unless an advertised movie is on my list.

5. Brian Fineberg

George
    Are you saying I am the stupid buyer or the perso who orders the DVD that works at the stores. Some of us don't have the luxury of multiple stores acoss the street from each other and expect big name sores to heave these titles. Granted the local CC is about 10 miles up the road but that is an inconvienience. Anyway maybe I took your post the wrong way so if idid a sorry.
    -B
    [​IMG]

6. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Sorry for any misunderstanding.
    Some stupid corporate buyer for Best Buy who doesn't have the brains to order the right stock.
    Hope that clears up what I was saying.

7. Brian Fineberg

George
    NO PROB!!
    Thats what I figuredyou meant bt I just wantedoportunity to further argue my unhappyness to a chain I usually give my bussiness to. Oh well looks ike I wil have to start looking to other ways to getmy re-released or first time released cat. titles
    -B[​IMG]

8. Joe Fisher

Joe Fisher Screenwriter

Joseph E Fisher
    Brian,

The BB by me(Yonkers, NY) had all 3 Bad News Bears movies today. $18.99 each. Groundhog Day was also on the shelf. I guess it just comes down to who ever orders the movies for a particular store.

9. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

I usually have good luck with titles on release days at BB. However today they had none of the Bad News Bears titles. Weak.

10. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Isn't a corporate rule that anytime a Best Buy is built, a Circuit City must be built across the street? Sounds like Brian is having all kinds of corporate problems [​IMG]
    As for myself, I haven't bought from a B&M in ages, even though, when I am in one, I can't help browsing the aisles. I just keep on top of the pre-ordering game and get it delivered to my door.
    Bruce

11. John Stone

John Stone Supporting Actor

Over the last few months I've noticed that Best Buy has been ignoring "catalog" titles with increasing frequency. I have been looking forward to the "Bears" trilogy for a looooong time, so for this week's purchases I decided not to chance it and placed my order with DVD Planet. I am glad that I did. I've always liked DVD Planet, but this time they really outdid themselves! On Friday night at 5:30 EST I placed a pretty big order with DVD Planet:

Bad News Bears, The
    Bad News Bears In Breaking Training, The
    Bad New Bears Go To Japan
    Rebecca: Criterion Collection
    39 Steps, The: Criterion Collection
    North By Northwest
    Groundhog Day: Special Edition
    War Of The Roses, The: Special Edition
    Wet, Hot American Summer
    Anniversary Party, The
    Ghost World
    Scout, The

The entire order shipped that night at 8:30 PM via USPS Priority ($8.50 Total shipping).
    Monday morning at 10:00 AM I went out to check the mail and, not expecting anything to be there, tripped over the box on my front porch. There was my complete order, which I didn't even know had shipped. Practically overnight delivery for $8.50, and I live on the East coast!
    DVD Planet + USPS Priority is a winner for me. Best Buy just lost one of their best customers due to their lack of catalog titles on day and date.
    BTW, DVD Planet has all Criterions on sale for 35% off. [​IMG]

12. Walt Riarson

Walt Riarson Supporting Actor

Anyone who owns it know if Bad News Bears has been edited or censored in any way due to some of its less-PC dialogue? I was worried about this and would like to know before I purchase it.

13. John Stone

John Stone Supporting Actor

14. Walt Riarson

Walt Riarson Supporting Actor

Excellent. I'll be picking this one up when I go out of town this weekend.

I'll let you guys know if Best Buy has it.

15. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

Same story.
    I went in to pick up the Beverly Hills Cop 3 Pack with my raincheck. Since it was a customer appreciation weekend I also was looking for this weeks releases later in the week than normal. I guess it didn't matter because they never even had the Bad News Bears. I left with another raincheck for Peter Pan, because they didn't have any of those either. This past two months it seems that they aren't even ordering the new releases. The shelves are half bare outside of 100 copies of Captain C's Mandolin, American Pie 1 and 2, and Scary Movie 1 and 2. I think I'm going back to online shopping. The deals may be there every once in a while at Best Buy, but they seem to have zero inventory of new titles. What happened to their ordering???? It wasn't always like this.