What's new

Big Post Office problems (1 Viewer)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I mostly order from DDD. My old mail carriers would leave a yellow slip in my mailbox if (as usual) I wasn't home. (I live in an apartment building - no doorman). I'd walk a couple of blocks to the post office the next day and get my package -- wonderful, compared to UPS (if anyone has had to get something from their Manhattan office, you know what I mean).

Now we seem to have a new mail carrier who drops of packages in front of my building's locked door, and can't ever be bothered to leave yellow slip instead.

Result -- they get stolen constantly. (3 DDD packages went missing during the 20% off sale. DDD came through and replaced all of them).

My GF complained to the manager at the local branch -- certain things improved (we haven't been getting half of the neighbor's mail dumped in our box) -- but still no yellow slips.

I have started giving my work address, and severely curtailed my orders, but it the long run I'll probably need to look into renting a box.

Very sad -- after years without a single lost package, my local post office goes down the drain...

Ted

Mark Philp

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Geeze. I'm sorry about your problem. A number of years ago, before I bought a home, I lived in an apartment building where letters were placed in the locked mailboxes, but packages were just left out on a table so everyone ended up loosing packages at one time or another. It got to a point where I had to rent a PO box and it worked fine for me. I have no idea what they go for now, but back then I think it was about $5.00 a month. It was worth every penny of it.Of course, if your employer doesn't mind you getting personal mail at work I think that's the way to go because it's free. I still do it sometimes like when I'm ordering a gift for my wife and don't want her to see it.

If I were you, I'd do something quickly. While DDD is very good when it comes to replacements, at some point they'll think they're getting scammed and will stop it. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks