Big MAGENTA STRIPE on my screen

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Mike Schaef, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Mike Schaef

Mike Schaef Auditioning

After extensive research (mostly in this forum) I purchased the Panasonic 42" ED Plasma. I paid an installer to mount it over my fireplace and wire it to my components. It is BEAUTIFUL - far exceeding my expectations.

HOWEVER, after it had spent a mere 4 days on my wall, suddenly and without warning, a nice fat magenta stripe appeared as I was enjoying The Color of Money in HD. The stripe is about 2 inches wide, runs from the top of the screen to the bottom and is just to the right of the center of the screen. It will not go away -- it appears over cable broadcasts, HD broadcasts, DVD...every input. After repressing an urge to call 911, I called Panasonic. When I described the situation I was told, "That's not normal. I'll give you the names of some authorized repair shops in your area." My next call was to Tweeter, where I bought the TV. They were responsive and are sending a guy over tomorrow to take a look. It should be replaced/repaired at no cost. Unfortunately, now I have to get 2 friends over my house to help me take it off the wall.

My question is this: has anyone else ever had this problem? What gives? Is it a card that can be replaced? Share the pain! [​IMG]

2. Sheldon-m

Sheldon-m Stunt Coordinator

I have never heard of a your problem.if i'm not mistaken the plasma you have is not hd but ed?it think it is enhanced def. not high def. take it back and get
    a new one [​IMG] good luck