1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Big MAGENTA STRIPE on my screen

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Mike Schaef, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Mike Schaef

Mike Schaef Auditioning

After extensive research (mostly in this forum) I purchased the Panasonic 42" ED Plasma. I paid an installer to mount it over my fireplace and wire it to my components. It is BEAUTIFUL - far exceeding my expectations.

HOWEVER, after it had spent a mere 4 days on my wall, suddenly and without warning, a nice fat magenta stripe appeared as I was enjoying The Color of Money in HD. The stripe is about 2 inches wide, runs from the top of the screen to the bottom and is just to the right of the center of the screen. It will not go away -- it appears over cable broadcasts, HD broadcasts, DVD...every input. After repressing an urge to call 911, I called Panasonic. When I described the situation I was told, "That's not normal. I'll give you the names of some authorized repair shops in your area." My next call was to Tweeter, where I bought the TV. They were responsive and are sending a guy over tomorrow to take a look. It should be replaced/repaired at no cost. Unfortunately, now I have to get 2 friends over my house to help me take it off the wall.

My question is this: has anyone else ever had this problem? What gives? Is it a card that can be replaced? Share the pain! [​IMG]

2. Sheldon-m

Sheldon-m Stunt Coordinator

I have never heard of a your problem.if i'm not mistaken the plasma you have is not hd but ed?it think it is enhanced def. not high def. take it back and get
    a new one [​IMG] good luck