What's new

Big Love season 2 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Rhonda is one of the most evil characters on any show I can think of. Devious, sinister.. and EEEVVILL. She's just so CREEPY.

However, Nikki is busting to get Bill into bigger trouble then he can handle. Going straight to a reporter to bitch her out and revealing she's still a polygamist which will lead straight to Bill, and then trying an abduction in the home of a law officer??

Is Nikki mad? They were all pissed about being outted, you get the feeling Nikki is desperate to go back to the reservation.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Margie's mom was a riot. But you get the strong feeling that Margie is maybe the only wife in the mix who really, truly believes in Bill and the arrangement. Barb is in it because she loves Bill and accepts it.. with serious doubts. And Nikki is in it because she was, as Margie's mom pointed out, born into it and believes it's duty.

But Margie seems to be the only complete convert, although with a meager understanding.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It was also nice to see Margie on more level footing than Nikki for once. Things that we take for granted aren't obvious in a community like Juniper Creek which has no alcohol problem.
Bill's really gotten himself between a rock and a hard place now.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

I don't think it is the arrangement, per se, that she believes in. I think this is the only sense of family she has, given the condition of her mother, and her track record with men and raising Margie.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
What an ending! Quite blatant shades of the baptism scene from The Godfather. I didn't anticipate them gunning down Roman.

Ben letting it slip that he thought of wives as sexual objects to be used up and disposed of gets to the heart of my problems with polygamy; how can Teeny, for example, feel she's equal to men when her father hops between women who condone it — and she lives in a home where only the men can attain religious station?

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I thought it was more of an homage to another Harry Dean film, PAT GARRET AND BILLY THE KID. The use of the song "Knocking on Heaven's Door" and everything.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
This was an intense episode. Rarely have I seen such an vast amount of plot lines unfold in a single episode. It certainly didn't drag.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H

Well, I won't get into religious station...probably not allowed here. Let's just say, I try to watch this show with an open mind. This is THEIR religion, and I don't judge when I'm watching the show. If I did, I couldn't root for Bill...ever. That said, I think Ben's take was supposed to be something that hurt Barb's feelings and that Bill did NOT like hearing. It's not SUPPOSED to be thought of that way. In his opinion, that would be the absolute wrong reason to be a polygamist.

Though, I have to say...Bill was quite selfish the way he acted with the wives in this episode.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi

She actually said MANUMIT, which means to free from slavery or emancipate.
She want's Bill to "emancipate" all his holdings to her family.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
I'm familar with manumission, and it's origin [manu-hand, mitter-send forth]. I thought I heard 'manumate,' and assumed he was trying to transform the noun form into a transitive verb and 'just' missed. If I misheard, and it's as you said, I guess he got it right.

I guess I'm too accustomed to the likes of Carmine on the Sopranos [stagmire, sacred and propane, etc.]

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I think that's what the word SHOULD be, and I think it was intentionally mispronounced, which is why it is funny. :)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
She wants to be evil, shes just so damned naive you feel sorry for her.
"I have twenty-four dollars. In foodstamps."

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
When Nikki drove up to the compound I was wondering where she got the freezer she brought to her mom. I really cracked up when Margie asked - "Where's my freezer that was in the garage?"

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Oh my...I hope Nikki's debt is paid off, because now she is in a mountain of new trouble...

Alby as the prophet? Holy crap! That is some of the worst possible news...EVAR!! How does Bill fit into the new order, seeing as how he kicked Alby's ass?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks