What's new

Big Love season 2 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Season 2 had a pretty good start I thought. Lots of things setup. Now we have to see where it goes.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Poor Barb is trapped. She made the responsible decision, but not necessarily the right one. I liked Bill's apology, but it doesn't toss away what have turned into six years of regret for Barb. Half of Bill's original nuclear family feels betrayed by his decision to enter into a polygimous lifestyle. And the two new branches of his family rely on that original branch for structural support. Considering the circumstances into which the family entered plural marriage, I think both Barb and Sarah have a right to be angry.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't know...I started to get bored with this show toward the end of season one, but decided to give it a shot still. Unfortunately I remained bored. I'll probably continue to watch since my wife enjoys it, and the previews for next week did look a lot more interesting.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It took me a little bit to get back into the swing of things for this episode, and it was okay, but not quite as interesting as I had remembered it being from last season. But it does look like they are exploring issues of some who were raised in such a situation and now look for more conventional marital means.

Jeff Pug

Stunt Coordinator
any one else laugh when the dude comes to Bill and says " apparently this happens to normal couples all the time"

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Good episode, but I'm wondering how in the heck the writers can reasonably resolve how the train is going without total destruction of everything, which I wouldn't care for.

As far as the "+Us" crap on the sign, yeah, sure, it's defacement. So what? I think Bill's taking it too harsh. I mean, do people not go to Hilton hotels because Paris bangs everything that has a pulse? Or do people not shop at Papa John's because the chief owner is an Opus Dei Catholic who donates heavily to anti-abortion causes?

In the end, those things mean little. It's whether or not the product is any good or if it's a good value. If I were a customer, the fact that a major store had a polygamous owner wouldn't mean squat to me unless they were a bunch of minors or against their will.

Look, I may be the wrong person because I'm very sympathetic with Bill, but I just don't see this being the economic disaster they do.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Didn't realize this started already. Anyone know if HBO is going to do an encore recap, (like the first 3 episodes of the season after the 3rd airs). They often do something like this.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The Mormon church is extremely sensitive about polygamy. Look at the hell it raised when the series was first announced. It makes sense that LDS members — so often the target of the polygamous stereotypical portrayal — would have a much stronger knee jerk reaction than the rest of the country would.

Did I miss something? What was Rhonda's call to Barb about?

I also really enjoyed the last scene with Joey, considering Nicki's lack of conviction in the power of love. Love doesn't get any more powerful than taking the rap for a crime one didn't commit.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H

If I'm not mistaken, she basically copped to being the one who ratted Barb out because she felt jilted.

I think Rhonda has an important part to play soon...

Chris

Senior HTF Member
GREAT episode. Albi is a real PITA, and maybe Bill has found something that is morally questionable.. but would help his family, does he do it or ??

I loved them speeding off as Nikki realized what Bill & Barb had thought all along, that Roman is a creepy bastard.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I really loved the scene where Mary Kay Place was explaining the family tree to the young girl.

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
I thought last night's episode was great.

Can someone in the know explain about the group that Ben's friend was trying to get him involved in? Is that something real, or a "proxy" of something in real life?

It seemed like it was some extreme "chastity" group or something? And what was with Ben getting seemingly beat up at the "concert"? Was that like a mosh-pit kind of thing?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Me too. I especially liked how it highlighted the incest inherent in such complicated family ties, without making explicit judgements.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think this show is getting really stretched thin with so many characters involved in getting Bill off the hook, while also trying to control him. It's getting a bit too complicated.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
If someone is that desperate to sell a major company that he's giving them 7 days to come up with 6-digit figures and counselling his girlfriend to not worry about packing anything before they split.. yeah, something really shady & wrong is going down. Bill should open his eyes and stay the hell out of it.

Will he pick up another wife?

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
fun episode.

Man, they really pile it on poor Bill. Now, he's between TWO psycho-prophet sects? And, this new one is straight out of a David Lynch movie! I don't know if polygamists are really like this, but I hope they are! This is rich!!

And, man, Rhonda is the most conniving and evil backwoods beeyotch I have ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks