What's new

Big Love ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I have NO idea what is going on with Alby. That whole family is so screwed up. Maybe his mission was to kill drifters, or maybe it was to break into Home Plus and he got distracted by the gay drifter. I have no idea.

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
I believe the mission was to break into Home Plus. The gay drifter bit simply seems to indicate that Alby has some repressed homosexual impulses. And from his reaction to the explicit offer of sex I'm guessing that he was probably abused early on for displaying these tendencies.

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit

This is exactly as I saw it. His "mission" was to break into Home Plus, and then possibly get caught on purpose, so that he can basically confront Bill and let him know that they will "out" him to the public, so to speak, if he doesn't play ball.

The whole gay drifter thing that was just a side story to show another part of Alby's psyche.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I think it's time bill packed up with the first wife and dump those other two wives...Their both head cases. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I finally got around to last week's episode (Eviction). The situations all these characters get themselves into is bizarrely engrossing. There is that "how in the world is Bill going to fix things enough to keep the ship afloat. Looks like Bill needs some more blue pills too.

So what really happened with Ben and the meatstick brigade? Hmm...

Margene is so getting converted to LDS.

Albie is a strange cat. The motel room scene came out of something like a David Lynch film.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The bit tonight about the scratch on margie's car and his dad pissing in the sink.. weird.

I'll be interested to see how this all shakes out.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"I think it's time bill packed up with the first wife and dump those other two wives...Their both head cases"

But Wife #3 Marg is so cute. Id dump Nikky though. Suprisingly Barb is my favorite character on this show.Shes a amazing person.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Great episode. It appears the deal with Roman is only partly settled; that Roman intends on busting Bill's balls all the way.

The bit with Nicki lying and saying she was in a shelter when she stayed at a nice hotel was a good touch.

Margie is treading on potentially hot ground, and it will be interesting to see what happens. I feel for Margie though. Actually, you kind of get the feeling if it were just Margie as the only other wife this would be a really happy situation.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have a feeling (and hope) that the little talk about why Bill was really thrown out ( Roman is scared of him because he was the grandson of a real powerful prophet and that Bill was like him) that we start seeing Bill turn the tables on Roman. And by the look of him throwing the bags at sign and from the previews Seeing Bill get people to spy on Roman at the board meetings
he starts going on the offensive.

DeeF

Screenwriter
I watched this last episode. When the black cat appeared, I knew this was the worst-written show I've seen in a long time. Bad writing begats bad acting -- Paxton could hardly be worse.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Chloe Sevigny is really getting annoying. Every time she gets into that whiny voice she reminds me of Jan Brady whining "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!"

When Bill was digging the pit, I joked to my wife.. "Oh good, he's going to bury Nicki in the back yard"

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H

Care to ellucidate? I don't know if you've been watching regularly, but Bill has been seeing 'signs' throughout the show.

With the revelation that he is like his grandfather, I think we're seeing a buildup to him becoming the prophet.

I wasn't wowed by the episode, but I thought it was a strong setup for the final run.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Can someone clarify some legal things for me? From what has been presented. Bill technically isn't breaking the law. He is only married (via the state) to Barb. The same goes for his father. When his first wife died. Bill bribed him to marry his mom to make her legal. So the only repercussions I can see are the bad press for his stores.

Thanks!

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Correct, Todd. As long as Bill is only legally married to Barb (and, I assume this is the case), he is not breaking the law (though, I'd love to see how he does his taxes!).

The bad press for his stores is pretty bad...he would go out of business. And, he and his family would also likely be forced to move from all the backlash. The hardcore LDS people around (including weirdo neighbor family) would terrorize the heck out of them.

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit

This is exactly it. It's not just "bad press"... being "outed" as a polygmist would totally destroy him and his family, and that's the big trump card that Roman can hold over him.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

I don't know how much Roman can hold it over him. Bill, can do the same to Roman and all of the others at the compound and cause them untold troubles.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

I imagine the local police etc know quite well what goes on in the compound, the difficulty is proving it etc.

Just finished reading "Under the Banner of Heaven", very interesting read putting a lot of Big Love into context.

Alex F

Stunt Coordinator
Despite being such a damn bitch a lot of the time, Nicki gets some of the funniest lines: "It's like a giant cavity being filled in the back yard!"

Margie on the tiller and planting the fake grass = hilarious.

Really wonderful ending to this last episode. I really don't want to have to wait two weeks to see the season finale, but ah well. Glad this show has got a second season coming! I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks