What's new

Big Lots Sale (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I only stop in about once a month, but I have definitely seen new stock at 2 of the 3 stores while the 3rd rarely has much new.

With the deals that they have now, I'm going to try and make the rounds much more frequently.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /forum/thread/279203/big-lots-sale/120#post_3588077
I would suspect the "the truck comes in Wednesday, the stock hits the floor Thursday" line that James repeated earlier may not be across-the-board for these stores.
My store seems to restock on Mon/Tue. Though I'm going to stop tonight to see if there's anything new. They've been getting new DVD stock every week lately.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think it would probably be smart for all of us (who are interested) to do the same thing.

My store seems like a rather "random" place (by way of organization, etc.)

matthewm301

Auditioning
Real Name
matthew
this is my first post so hello

i just went and got
wacky races
top cat
flintstones 2-4
and lois and clark 3
all for $3 each

if any one can find flintstones 5 and 6, lois and clark 2 and 4, or pebbles and bam bam would deff appreciate and would pay for shipping.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
hit 4 BL's today.
The first two had new stock, the last two didn't.

picked up
Lois & Clark S2, 3, 4
Top Cat
Flintstones S3
Veronica Mars S2
Batman TAS S2
Tales From The Crypt S2,3,4,5,6,7
all $3 each

movies I picked up were
Haunted Gold (John Wayne)
Brainstorm (new, remastered edition)
Ride The High Country
Tightrope
Steelyard Blues
Fury (Spencer Tracy)
Memories (anime)

I also saw Follow the Fleet, the single disc version of King Kong, Petrified Forest and others.

Unfortunately, when i got home I opened up L&C S2 because I heard a disc rattling around only to find the first disc is completely missing. I'll have to take this back and likely won't be able to replace it. They had one copy left of S2 and it will likely be gone by the time I get there. At that store all the stock went out today and by 5 o'clock it was slim pickings. I even saw some of the workers stashing sets for themselves under the counter.
Did see plenty of Popeyes there though (they had none yesterday). One of the workers said this load was in anticipation of the next newspaper circular. it sounded like other stores may have gotten stock, but may wait till the ad streets to put it out.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Keep checking the stores, as they're featuring more box sets in this weekend's ad (begins Sunday, 7/26), though quite often they're put out early...sounds like they're out already in many places.
1000x500px-LL-biglots.jpg

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Originally Posted by Paul_Scott /forum/thread/279203/big-lots-sale/120#post_3588322
Tales From The Crypt S2,3,4,5,6,7
all $3 each
Okay, if I see those today at my store I'll faint, crashing into the DVD display, knocking everything all over the floor. But rest assured, before they take me away, I'll hand a paramedic my credit card and get him to buy those for me damnit!!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I called the store back after posting and they still had one set left- so I'll go back to exchange it when they open at 9am today.
I was thinking- even if these were at $5, which would still have been a ridiculously great deal, I'm sure I would have passed on them. $3 has just the proper psychological impact to zombify me into grabbing almost everything I see regardless if I actually like it or not. I had my hands on a copy of Joey Season 1 when one of the cashiers yelled to another customer down the aisle which snapped me out of my stupor and I was able to put it back on the shelf.

Seriously, I think a lot of this stuff will end up going back unopened before the 30 days are up. I have more stuff to watch than I have time to do it, and adding to that pile a bunch of stuff I'm only mildly interested doesn't seem like the brightest idea.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I was in the heart of Big Lots country last night. At one point, I looked at my GPS and I had 4 Big Lots within 10 miles of my location and 3 within 5. It took me 3 hours to cover 3 of them though and the fourth was the farthest from home, so I called it a night.

Overall, I didn't find anything near as good as I did over the weekend, but I picked up another assortment of classic films and saw a large number of others that I already own and paid much more for.

The highlights included:
Cabaret - I know this is due for a new SE, but I couldn't resist
Coal Miner's Daughter - 25th Anniversary
Josie and the Pussycats (Complete Series) - $3
Romeo & Juliet (1936)
Dukes of Hazzard (Seasons 5&6) - $6 each - I'm not sure why I bought these except I'm a sucker (Season 5 is coy & Vance)

.....and the best deal of the night was pure luck. I walked around the corner from the DVD piles and laying on top of a stero was

Pink & The Brain (Volume 1) for $6

I really want to get my hands on the rest of the Flintstones and those Tales From the Crypt seasons. I would also love to get some extra copies of Popeye for gifts.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I 'd buy Crypt from you if you were going to take it back.

At $3, you ought to box em up and stick em in the back of the closet. One day you'll remember you have em and smile!

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
OK had to check my Big Lots hoping to find a Roots, but no luck, Knots Landing and Dallas are the only boxed sets they had. going out of town so wont get to see what they have for this weekend either.

Put me in place behind Mike for anyone that can find Roots and I'll pay you via paypal.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'd love to find the "Tales from the Crypt" sets. Checked my store again last night, but nothing new. Looks like the sets of "The O.C." were the big loser last time around, as that's mostly all that's left of the initial batch of TV sets (along with a couple of "The West Wing"). Even all the "Joey" sets are gone. /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif
I wish I had more than one store to browse easily. The next closest stores to me are 30 and 40 miles away.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
No Crypt. Will be checking again this weekend.

There's about 3 or 4 Wacky Races.

Several season 7 Dallas.

Lots of OC at mine too. And West Wing. I have zero interest in those.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I would love to have a Wacky Races. If there are any particular titles you're looking for, let me know and maybe we can work out a trade sometime in the near future.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
You want me to pick you one up this weekend?

I'm dying to get Tales from the Crypt for $3 each. (EDIT) Adding Looney Tunes, all Volumes except 1.

If you find anymore Josie & the Pussycats complete series or Top Cat. Or Adventures of Superman season 5&6. I also missed out on a movie called Eyes of a Stranger for $3. It's a part of the Twisted Terrors collection. Also need Dallas season 4, 10 & 11 for $6 each.

Edited by Radioman970 - 7/25/2009 at 12:27 am GMT

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Sure!

I'll take your list with me and pick up whatever I find.

I'm looking for:
Tales from the Crypt Season 6-7
Flintstones Season 4 through end
Pinky & The Brain - Volume 2 & 3
Wacky Races
Popeye 1&2

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
James,
I'm sorry I missed your post- I took the Crypt sets back this morning, along with a bunch of other stuff.
It doesn't sound like any of the other stores are stocking anything else this week, so I'll probably wait till next week to go back.

This is a standing offer to anyone- If you have a list of titles you want me to keep an eye out for, PM me and I will pick them up if I see them. If you don't take them, or someone else gets them to you first, or you find them yourself, no big deal- I have 30 days to take them back and I'm sure I'll be going back at least once a week for the next month.

If anyone wants to work out a trade for anything, I'm interested in Penelope Pitstop, Johnny Quest, and any of the Looney Tunes sets save for the first one (if anyone finds the big bundle and wants to break it up)- but they have to be sealed.
If you send me a list, make sure you specify if you only want sealed sets- I've seen quite a few unsealed here and some of them are temp sealed with packing tape, which will likely rip the jackets if you try to peal it off. I'm kind of anal about condition, so I tend to cherry pick the best condition sets, whether they're for me or someone else- Unless instructed otherwise I usually pass if the packaging has gouges or is crushed, etc.

James, I did see one Josie set buried at the bottom of a rack, out of the way. I may hit that one tomorrow if you want me to snag it. I'll see if there are anymore Crypt sets on my way back.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not much new tonight. They did get a new display of 20th Century Fox titles, but they're mostly the same as they've had before. I did pick up "God, the Devil and Bob" for $3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks