What's new

Big Lots Sale (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'll go out on a limb here and ask:
If anyone sees a $6 Roots at their local store, would you consider picking one up for me? I'd be glad to reimburse you the purchase price and shipping costs (via PayPal, is possible).
Just be sure it is NOT Roots: The Next Generation. I've already got one of those! /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif
Thanks!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Mike- I think mine only had 1 or 2 left. I don't plan another trip there until August 1st but if I can get there sooner I'll let you know.

I'm not 100% sure if I have Next Gen. But I'll check. Maybe we could do an even trade if yours has another Nex Gen.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, James!

My store only had the one copy of Next Gen which is the one of the factors that went into my odd decision to pick it up. So I can't help there.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I got some phenomonal buys at my local Big Lots over the weekend.

The Flintstones (Season 1-3) for $3 each (I was blown away)
The Best of the Scooby Doo Movies for $6
A plethora of $3 films (I've probably acquired at least 100 discs in the last year)

.......and drumrolll please

Roots (Complete Boxset with all 3 mini-series) - $10

......and..........

Looney Tunes Golden Collection (Volumes 1-5) - $10.

They had multiple copies of the second two and for some completely ignoramous reason, I did not buy them all. I went back the next day after my head had cleared and they were all gone.

DOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Wow! Great score Eric.
I finally decided to hit the ones in my area today. I was hoping to find Johnny Quest or the Smallville Bd sets, but no luck on either. I did find a bunch of other stuff though. I had no interest in most of this stuff before, but seeing the Flintstones sets stickered at $3...how can you pass that up? I was also very happy to find Ninotchka and a few other classics that I never got around to picking up. Here's the haul-

$3
The Gay Divorcee (thin pack, but sealed)
Ninotchka
Born To Kill
Humoresque
Story Of Seabiscuit
Helen Of Troy
My Reputation
East Side, West Side
Pennies From Heaven
Flintstones Season 2
Pebbles And Bam Bam
Lois & Clark Season 1
Superman Theatrical Serials
Popeye Volume One
The Tempest
$6
Dallas Season 5 (I could have gotten the last copies of 6,7,8, and 9 but $6 a pop on top of all the other stuff just seemed too extravagant for one afternoon)
They said they get stock in on Thursdays, so I'll give it another shot in a couple days. I think I already missed all the big stuff though.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Well I'm going by there this damn week.

I paid about $8 for season 2-4 of Flintstones and thought that was a good deal.

I really really want to Looney tunes sets. I only have 1 and have been milking it for 3 years. Awesome that those have dropped. gotta git em!!!!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Eric Peterson /forum/thread/279203/big-lots-sale/120#post_3587460
.......and drumrolll please
Roots (Complete Boxset with all 3 mini-series) - $10
I saw this at FYE yesterday, still priced at $100+
Originally Posted by Paul_Scott /forum/thread/279203/big-lots-sale/120#post_3587499
I had no interest in most of this stuff before, but seeing the Flintstones sets stickered at $3...how can you pass that up?
Same here. My collection is increasing greatly from these sales, as the ridiculously low price overrides my prior lack of interest in some of these titles at the higher price. I got the season set of "Joey" for $4.80. At that price, it's worth it just for the handful of scenes with Jennifer Coolidge. /img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif
And I didn't have much interest in any of the Hanna-Barbera animated titles, but for $3 each, why not? If I decide I don't want them, they're good gifts for kids at Christmas.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Whew!

No more Roots. Sorry dude. :( I'll keep checking. It was $45 at Walmarts last time I was in there.
No Top Cat. Damnit.
No Popeye. Grrr...
No Looney Tunes. *cries until snot puddle forms on the floor*

Here's what I left with:

$3
Flintstones. Seasons 4 - 6. [SIZE= smaller]Didn't have 4 onhand like I thought so I was glad to get that. Now the show is complete. What a deal!! Hard to believe I paid $37 for Season 1!!
[/SIZE]Pebbles & Bamm-bamm. Haven't seen this is so many years. Me and sis loved it as kids.
Wacky Races. [SIZE= smaller]Same here. Can't wait! [/SIZE]
Adv. of Superman. Season 1, 2, 3&4.
Gothika.
Lady in the Water. [SIZE= smaller]Never seen this! Can't wait![/SIZE]
Ghost ship. [SIZE= smaller]Will research this. May take it back. It's in full screen even. :p[/SIZE]
The Right Stuff. 2-DVD
Last Samurai. 2-DVD

$6
Thundercats. Season 1. Vol 1. [SIZE= smaller]Gotta research this too.[/SIZE]

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for checking, dude.
Ah well, can't win 'em all.
It's not like I don't have enough stuff to watch... /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
No you don't! I'll find you one for $6 if it's the last thing I do!! /img/vbsmilies/htf/furious.gif
I just discovered I do actually have Season 4 of Flintstones already. So I'll return that. I'll return Ghost ship since there is a widescreen I can get for a little more. And maybe Thundercats too.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the thought...
Maybe when you make those returns...and another Thursday has come and gone and they re-stock... /img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Went looking for the Looney Tunes set today but didn't find one. Picked up Superman: The Movie 4 disc SE today for $3.00.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^^^
Awesome. I hope I see that. I catagorize myself as "tickled" that I got most of the old Superman live action TV series. Just need 5&6. Haven't seen those since I was still comfortable attaching a pillowcase to my back and a crayoned "S" on construction paper on my chest. I may try that again for old times while I watch those. Is old Superman perfect Sat morning viewing or what?!!

They restock every Thursday? I'll be there tomorrow. :)

The lady at the register said she didn't know when they'd get another batch of DVDs in. "Check back in a few weeks" she said. Uh hum..... I think I'll make Big Lots weekly stop for a while.

I wonder if there is a good time of day on Thursday to go by there? Might be better to hit it Fri afternoons.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
if they restock on Thurdays I might try again tomorrow afternoon before the weekend and everything gets picked over again.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I would suspect the "the truck comes in Wednesday, the stock hits the floor Thursday" line that James repeated earlier may not be across-the-board for these stores.
The thing to do would be James did and ask the store's employees--preferably someone who looks like they might know! /img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif Not the 17 year old kid at the register!

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
There are about 6 Big Lots in the greater Chicagoland area, and I've hit 3 of them multiple times. I'm going to try 2 different stores tonight after work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks