What's new

Big Lots Sale (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Interesting. I was in the local Big Lots today and didn't see any new DVD's. :frowning:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Oh my! thank you thank you. I've been waiting for Brainstorm. I hope mine has it. I guess I'll have to go by there today.
Barry Lyndon and Executive Decision are also ones I'll buy if mine has them.
Can't thank you enough for posting Casey!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's quite a $3 list, Casey.
With those kind of titles on it, I might finally be moved to grit my teeth and check out my local Big Lots and see what's going on in there.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Mike Frezon said:
That's quite a $3 list, Casey.
With those kind of titles on it, I might finally be moved to grit my teeth and check out my local Big Lots and see what's going on in there.
It's just a discount department store...something like a smaller Wal-Mart...except the DVD's are all catalog titles. ;)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Nothing. :frowning:
I was sort of hoping they would have an extra table set up with a bunch of new titles.
I did almost buy Dudley Do Right, the Frazier live action cartoon. I remember it being kind of funny. And Rat, some European film that's supposed to be in the same category as Waking Ned Devine. But I put them back. If I can't have Brainstorm I'll friggin nothin at all!! :angry:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
I wouldn't say it's like Walmart. Big Lots mostly sells random stuff like overstocks and job lots.
Not the one nearest me. It's more like a creepy thrift store. Not so clean, etc. But that was a while ago and I haven't been back since. I guess it's time to give it another try.
If you don't hear from me after a fashion...send in Sgt. Preston and his dog King. :D

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
How is it the newly remastered Brainstorm disc, (which came out a scant two months ago) ends up at Big Lots? That's got to be some sort of record. And I guess it explains why I couldn't find it anywhere else locally.
Not crazy about buying discs with the UPC slash through the case, but at three bucks each, I can live with it.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I think Big Lots is just a USA thing.
Some flicks just have a white sticker over the UPC and then that $3 UPC on the front. But most do have Freddy Kruger marks all over the back of the box. :frowning:
I really wanted Brainstorm. I had an old friend pass away over the weekend, funeral-dreading that-is tomorrow. Brainstorm over the weekend would be just the ticket. I don't even have that on VHS.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
The Big Lots stores in SoCal used to be called Pic N' Save up until several years ago. Pic N Save had been around since the 70's at least.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Mike Frezon said:
Not the one nearest me. It's more like a creepy thrift store. Not so clean, etc. But that was a while ago and I haven't been back since. I guess it's time to give it another try.
Perhaps I'm just lucky with our local store, then. It's big, bright and clean.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Our store here just opened in an old walmart shopping center. It's also nice for the time being.
Mom and dad live in a larger city and have several but they are all in the worst part of town. There was a violent robbery shortly before we went to there's. I left with a huge stack of PC games. I was thinking I might not make it to the car. Hahaha!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
$3 purchases
Eating Raoul
A Man for All Seasons
Katsuhiro Otomo Presents: Memories (this is $20 on amazon)
Also saw the John Cassavetes film Tempest which I love and already own.
Still no Brainstorm. :frowning:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Radioman970 said:
. :frowning:
Who needs Brainstorm when you got such a good deal on A Man for All Seasons?!? :eek:
Seriously...that's a great 'get', James! Scofield won the Oscar for that performance. Great movie! And to think what I paid for it when it was first released...

celica

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Celica
Mike Frezon said:
Who needs Brainstorm when you got such a good deal on A Man for All Seasons?!? :eek:
Seriously...that's a great 'get', James! Scofield won the Oscar for that performance. Great movie! And to think what I paid for it when it was first released...
indeed, that's a great deals..
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
i wouldn't think twice for that..

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
You had to notice I put Eating Raoul at the top of the list. :laugh:
I've actually never seen A Man for All Seasons but the case blurbs, cast and description had me snapping it up. Looks really good. I figured if I didn't like it I could give it to mom. Mom likes Eating Raoul as much as me though. Heh! Chances are she won't be getting this (or Eating Raoul!). I love stuff like The Lion in Winter, Romeo & Juliette, from around this same time period.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I just played Herman's Hermit's "Henry the 8th I am" on my morning show. I mentioned I just bought the movie about him and was sure the song was a great primer for it since both are such classics. ;)
EDIT: Watched A Man for All Seasons Sunday morning. Excellent! Reminded me of Joan of Arc. Very nicely done and acted. It would have been worth $3 even if the sound track had been left off the DVD. You could run it with some nice music going and it would be fun to watch because of the great locales. Shaw arriving and departing on those boats was very memorable. I think that may be the only time I've seen Shaw (seemingly) sober in a movie. An off-kilter thought I had while watching this is "how much drugs would it require for your mind to twist and mold this into Alice in Wonderland?" NOt many!! :laugh:
But I don't mean to poke fun. The film is easy to relate even today. Scofield was superb. I feel sorry for the real man in history. Not many would get to the point he did. Personally, I'd give up so I could live. :frowning: Not at the price of someone else life though...I do have some morals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks