What's new

Big Lots Sale (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Originally Posted by Malcolm R
If anything, they may be clearing out inventory of the old "Fright Night" discs to make way for the Blu-Ray and probably a special edition DVD in conjunction with the release of the remake next year.
I noticed that remake news yesterday. I'm slow. Hehe!

I think I'll keep it anyway, upgrade later and give this to the folks. They annoyingly laugh at the crazy kid every time he says anything. Personally, I think the movie would be just okay if it weren't for McDowell as the vamp hunter. He makes the movie for me.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Went in today and got that copy of "It Came from Beneath the Sea" for $5.

I can verify $3 titles are ringing up at $2.50 without having to purchase 4. I picked up at $2.50/each:

"Curse of the Golden Flower" (Chow Yun Fat, Gong Li)
"A Fine Madness" (Sean Connery, Joanne Woodward)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Big lots is advertising Halloween movies at $3 & $5 each. Here's the link to the pdf of the full list. Many have been seen and reported before. One in particular that's listed at $3 ("Incubus") has been in 3-4 different 3/$3 groupings and a few of the $5 titles have been $3 in the past.

Also, there's a 20% off coupon you can use through Saturday.

I've also read a couple of reports of the $3 titles still ringing up at $2.50. I've not confirmed this at the local store but will find out tomorrow if I can find anything I want.

Happy hunting!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I've also read a couple of reports of the $3 titles still ringing up at $2.50. I've not confirmed this at the local store but will find out tomorrow if I can find anything I want.

Happy hunting!
This is probably true. I was in my store a couple days ago and it appeared they were still running all of last week's sales through this week. The sales flyer was still posted at the front door and sale signs were still up all over the store. Everything was dated to end 10/2, but they were all still in place.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
$3 DVDs are ringing up at $3 today... but at least with the 20% off coupon they're $2.40 so it's a bit better than the $2.50 price...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Rode up there earlier on my motorcycle and it was too much to carry. I MUST get a backpack.

Returned just in time to use my 20% coupon, 2.40 each:

I know what you Did last summer Trilogy (1,2,3)
Hellboy. Want the bluray but this will serve to see if I actually like this film.
House on Haunted Hill original/remake (2 flicks)
Revenge of Frankenstein
Vinyan. Not sure what this is...
The Forsaken
Vampire Effect. Not sure if this is any good.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I know! I was going to stuff it all in my shirt. Debating whether to ask for 2 bags or not, one for front, one for back!

Hey, just finished Vinyan and it was fantastic! Someone could probably argue whether it's a horror movie or not...does have a scene similar to something out of Jacob's Ladder, plus a lot of earmarks that reminded me of horror movies I've seen. The sound is just eery. I'd like to shake the hand of the sound guy, he done good! Extremely tense and highly recommended.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
New titles out at my store today, including a bunch of Christmas titles at $5 each. It also appears that all the $5 DVD titles are on sale for $3 this week.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^That's a big no on $5 titles on sale for $3 this week. The online only ad is written oddly and seemingly says $5 are $3 when it's really indicating the $3 titles are a $5 value. At least that's the way it's working here. All $5 titles ring up $5...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Figures. I saw the ad in the weekly flyer and thought the way it was presented was kind of weird.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
$5
Zodiac. 2-dvd set. Returned the barebones $3 version for this since I heard it has some nice extras for the higher price.
You're a Good Sport, Charlie Brown. 1975. I don't remember this special at all, but I was a huge fan of the Peanuts when this came out. I know it'll be tear-inducingly nostalgic. Not sure if Blurays of these are worth the higher price. Great Pumpkin on DVD looked great.

$3
Ruins. Unrated. This was good, not great. The DVD transfer is lacking, or maybe the sparkle of bluray is effecting. Might be worth the extra for the better version.
Bug. 1975. I hope this comes close to Squirm, which I love!
Bringing out the Dead. Can't wait to see this again. One of the first DVDs I rented.
Will Penny. Some cool westerns.
The Cowboys.
Bad Company.

They also had Where Eagles Dare. BUt I passed since the shots on the back looked washed out. I read it's an okay DVD. But I think I'll wait and get a bluray since it's available.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'm reading reports of a new batch of $6 TVonDVD sets at BL!

Here's a list of what's reported to have been seen so far:

7th Heaven S3, S5, S6, S8
90210 (The CW one) S1
Beverly Hillbillies S2
Beverley Hills 90210 S4
Bosom Buddies S1
Brady Bunch S1, S2
Caroline in the City S1
Cheers S3, S6, S7, S9
Cleaner
CSI S2,S3, S7
CSI Las Vegas S2
CSI Miami S1, S2, S4
CSI NY S2, S3,S4, S5
Daily Show: Indecision 2004 (cheaper on Amazon MP)
Diagnosis Murder S1
Family Ties S1, S2, S4
Friday the 13th S2
Fugitive S1V1, S2V1
Gomer Pyle S4
Happy Days S4
Hawaii Five-O S1, S3, S5, S6, S7
J*A*G S5
Joan of Arcadia S1
Laverne & Shirley S2
Love Boat S1V1, S1V2
Matlock S1,S2
Medium S4
Melrose Place S1, S2, S3, S4 S5V1, S5V2
McGyver S4
Mission Impossible S5
Mork and Mindy S2
Odd Couple S2, S3, S5 (Final Season)
Perry Mason S3V1, S4V1, 50th Anniversary
Police Squad Complete
Rawhide
Resurrection Blvd S1
Sabrina the Teenage Witch S1, S2, S3, S4
Sleeper Cell S2
Star Trek Fan Collective - Borg
Star Trek Fan Collective - Q
Streets of San Francisco S1V1
Twin Peaks S2
Wild Wild West S2, S3

As usual, not every title in every store. I checked this morning at the store here and none were out but I alerted the checkers and stockers I know these should be coming soon and asked for a heads up when they arrive.

Happy Hunting! :)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
More information on those $6 DVonTVD sets...

These titles are part of the BL Black Friday sale.
I went in today and spoke with my best contact asking about these sets. They already knew about them, which is atypical as I usually know about DVD shipments before they get them thanks to another forum. I was read an email from BL corporate that tells the stores these sets are to be held until Black Friday and that they (corporate) are monitoring for compliance. The stores who've put these out may very well get a reprimand or at least be told to pull them 'till then.

That said, if you find them before BF, consider yourself lucky. :)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Looks like Big Lots is going to be a Stop for me next Friday. I wonder if "The Big River" will MATCH these prices on Thanksgiving?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^That would be *fantastic*!! Same price, no sales tax, no going into the madness! I'm counting on them to match *lots* of items I might otherwise go out for. They did last year and I shopped from the comfort of home! :)

I've found out a few of the titles here. They've not put them out and I was told they will *not* put them out early (in spite of other stores doing so). They apparently have about 18 of the titles I listed - only 4 of the 16 I want are at the store at this point. I was told they should be getting more stock for BF so more may be coming. I hope so! :)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
^^Last year, "The Big River" matched Best Buy and Target's Prices on several items I wanted. On the way to JC Penney to get their Snowglobe, I passed by the local Best Buy and estimated there had to be at least 2,000 people already in line waiting for the store to open at 6:00 AM (It was 3:30 AM at the time). All I could say was Thank Goodness I DIDN'T have to stop there!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks