What's new

Big DVD Audio Titles from Warner (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
From High Fidelity Review, some real blockbusters:

Browne, Jackson, ‘Naked Ride Home, The’
Browne, Jackson, ‘Running on Empty’
Cars, The, ‘Cars, The’
Chicago, ‘Chicago II’
Chicago, ‘Chicago V’
Fagen, Donald, ‘Kamakiriad’
Flaming Lips, ‘Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots’
Fleetwood Mac, ‘Tusk’
R.E.M., ‘Green’
R.E.M., ‘Monster’
R.E.M., ‘New Adventures in Hi-Fi’
R.E.M., ‘Out of Time’
R.E.M., ‘Up’
Sinatra, Frank, ‘At the Sands’
Staind, ‘Shades of Grey’
Steely Dan, ‘Everything Must Go’

I am excited about Out of Time, Green, Sinatra, The Cars, and Kamakiriad. I knew already about the Steely Dan and that's a must purchase.

They said late summer/early fall.

:)

Read more at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/ne...umber=19794667

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Lee, thanks. Most if not all of these titles have been announced, but it's good to hear about them again. Makes me feel like they will see the light of day. ;)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Nice list of titles from Warner. I will be picking up quite a few.

Hopefully we will not have to wait extremely long for these to see the light of day, or have to put up with further delays. It looks likw Warner is going to be heavy with titles in the 3rd and 4th quarters, which is a bit disappointing for the first half of the year but better then nothing I suppose. I still wonder who is planning DVD-A releases over there, and if they actually have a clue.

The only good thing about Warner, is although they take the longest to get titles out, they seem to consistently produce the best multichannel tracks in the business.

J

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Tony: That Cars album is mostly regular rock music with some synth sounds. Back when it debuted it was thought of as "lite" punk with a little pop thrown in. And Ric Ocasek's lyrics are......hard to describe but kewl. :crazy:

While this is the old stuff I've complained about lately, at least this to me doesn't really sound old. Then again, you may think this style of music just plain sucks! :)

I hope they get to The Cars Candy-O album--that is actually my favorite Cars title. More new wavey and with stronger beats (The Cars is #2, Panorama #3, Heartbeat City #4 and Shake It Up #5).

What can I say: the Cars were my very first concert!

The Cars This should sound great in surround.

Remastered The Cars (by Steve Hoffman) Good review of this album here.

Candy-O Cover art is great on this one (the CD has some hard-hitting bass).

LJ

Tony Casler

Agent
I generally prefer my rock to be hard rather than pop, the cars just don't do it for me. The new Staind is a good start, now if they would release Disturbed's The Sickness, I would be very happy.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
After looking up Tool's label for Aenima on cduniverse it turns out to be Volcano.....same as one of my favorite bands, 311. Oh wow, if they put 311 on dvd-audio surround sound I would buy them all--no questions asked (I picked Aenima because a buddy is always bugging me to buy it. The music is good but jeez it seems so dark!).

How about this to get people's attention: Why not make a greatest hits album of a popular band like one of the above and ONLY issue it on dvd-audio? Or at least just for a month or two? And load it up with bonus stuff: lyrics; 4-5 videos; maybe some easter eggs like the Dishwalla dvd-audio had; & interviews.

What would keep a band from doing this? Wouldn't smaller labels like another source of income from a premium product like that?

LJ

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Lance asked:

Would anybody here buy a Tool 5.1 dvd-audio?
That disc will not make its way into my home. I will be picking up many of the others, though. The Cars, R.E.M., Sinatra, Donald Fagen, Chicago, Fleetwood Mac, and Jackson Browne are of definite interest.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
While poking around looking for contact info for Volcano Entertainment I found a free download page for a bunch of 311 remixes and b-sides.

Click here and then click on the "audio" option then the "music" option.

LJ

Peter_A

Second Unit
Whoopie!:rolleyes

More catalog titles and only a few "new" releases. :frowning:

As for any Tool albums, hell I'd buy 10 copies just to insure all their albums were released on DVD-A.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Wasn't Fleetwood Mac's Tusk album panned at the time it came out? I'd love to meet the guy that comes up with these releases!

Why not release Camper Van Beethoven's Tusk album? (For anyone that doesn't know it. Camper Van Beethoven did a track by track cover album of Tusk. :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks