What's new

BIG DPL/DD Decoding Problem! (1 Viewer)

Freddy_D

Auditioning
Hi:

I have been using an Denon AVR-3200 for the last few years with few problems and no complaints. Recently, however, it seems that my DPL/DD decoder has decided to take a vacation :frowning: That is to say, I can listen to movies and music in stereo mode (or any other mode) but NOT in DPL/DD. The center channel seems to drop out totally leaving the music and sound effects but NO dialogue :frowning:

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I tried reinitializing the microprocessor to no avail... ANY suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
Fred

James_SCEA

Agent
It could be either the decoding or the center channel amplifier. Can you try a DTS source and see if that gives you center channel output. If it is the amplifier make sure that the center channel speaker wire is fully shilded without any nails or staples penetrating the sheilding. Make sure that there isn't any copper showing outside of the center channel binding posts as well.

Either way, it is repairable. Or you can.... dare I say - UPGRADE?
:D

Good Luck!
JC

Freddy_D

Auditioning
It must be the decoder because the center channel works fine in "Mono Movie" mode...

It's weird, when I switch to DPL the audio gets all diffuse (almost like a radical inverted phase shift) and the vocals drop out completely from the center channel.

The question is...

Can a DPL/DD chipset be replaced or does the entire motherboard need to be swapped out... And, if so, would it be more cost effective to purchase a new receiver? Like I have the money to do that... :frowning:

Fred

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks