What's new

Big Center Channel Speaker Mount Problem (1 Viewer)

RobertSYS

Agent
Can anyone please help me with a "BIG" speaker problem? I recently ordered JBL Northridge Series speaker system. While the surround speakers can be wall-mounted - they even come with their own mounting hardware - the Center Channel speaker does not! This sucker is huge and it has no mounting holes anywhere on the speaker. Can someone recommend a certain speaker mount or bracket that can accommodate such a large speaker? I would like all the speakers up on the wall if possible.

Thanks!

RL

John Robert

Stunt Coordinator
Robert:

Don't think this is what you want to hear, but there are huge sonic compromises with on-wall mounting most speakers.
Muffled sound, boomy bass and rolled off highs are a few examples. You would be better off with at least your center speaker, since it reproduces 70% of the sound for HT, moved out into the room.

Can you mount it on-top or below your TV? The improvement would be worth it...

Marc H

Second Unit
I'm with John on that.
I think you might find voices chesty sounding and tiresome with it close to the wall.
Try playing it while holding it close to the wall and then pull it out as you're playing it to see what you think. I think you will hear a fairly large difference.
Ideally, if possible, stand mounted, in front usually sounds best from my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks