What's new

Pre-Order Big Business (1989) (Blu-Ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
190868_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Who has this now?

Years ago this and Mafia and some others that are popping are were put out as low budget singles and double features by Mill Creek.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Who has this now?

Years ago this and Mafia and some others that are popping are where put out as low budget singles and double features by Mill Creek.
Kino is releasing this "Special" edition ...:cool: I have the Mill Creek version but will probably get this newer version on sale

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
OK, I just purchased the Kino release from a few months ago (the double feature with "Scenes From a Mall"). What's different about this "Special" edition other than it's a solo release for BB?

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
It’s a preorder, not out yet. I don’t think anyone knows anything about it.

I meant the double feature version that Malcolm bought.
I assumed the standalone bluray will be the same..

edit: Ok, I found KL insider's post about it:

Big Business (1988) with optional English subtitles
• Audio Commentary by Director Jim Abrahams
• 5.1 Surround and 2.0 Audio
• Original Theatrical Trailer

i don't know if the double feature version was the same.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm on vacation right now, so I'm not home to double check the specs. As I recall when from when I watched it a couple months ago, it was an improvement over the older Mill Creek blu-ray but I wouldn't call it a reference-quality presentation. There were no extras.

Big Gay Andy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy Powell
I'm a Bette Midler fanatic since I was 14 and I've also loved Lily Tomlin since Laugh-In. I've had the great privilege of meeting both of these ladies. Big Business is my favorite of all of Bette's comedies and I have the Mill Creek Blu-ray and have never noticed any problems with the quality. I do not have the Kino double-feature with Scenes from A Mall because Mall is one of two Midler movies I do not have by choice (the other is Stella). If the new release has a director's commentary that is definitely a plus, and I will definitely upgrade.

Now if they would hurry up and release special-edition Blu-rays of Bette's first three blockbuster Disney/Touchstone comedies -- Down and Out in Beverly Hills, Ruthless People and Outrageous Fortune then I'd reeeeeally be a happy camper!!!

By the way, the correct release year for Big Business was 1988, not '89.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
How ironic. This gained a commentary and the last two Naked Gun movies lost theirs on the jump from DVD to Blu-ray.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Now if they would hurry up and release special-edition Blu-rays of Bette's first three blockbuster Disney/Touchstone comedies -- Down and Out in Beverly Hills, Ruthless People and Outrageous Fortune then I'd reeeeeally be a happy camper!!!
Definitely. I have no personal interest in Down and Out, but I definitely want Ruthless and Outrageous.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
And I want all three! Why don't you like Down and Out?
The premise and the cast have just never really connected with me. I should probably revisit it at some point. I don't think I've watched it since I was a teenager. If a reasonably priced blu-ray were released, I'd probably buy it anyway (but I'd rather have Ruthless and Outrageous first ... oh, and Three Fugitives, too, if we're posting Touchstone wishlists ;)).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks