What's new

Big Brother 5 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The normal schedule will be Tuesdays, Thursday, and Saturdays, but for the first week, they are skipping this Saturday (though The Amazing Race's first episode is being re-broadcast tomorrow on Saturday).

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
7-8 show:
Started with a recap of the first show.
More talk of the Project: DNA and Michael's figuring out that Jen is his sister. He goes to part of the "4 Horsemen" (though I prefer "Stupid Frat Boy Wannabes", starting with Jase and explains to him that Jen is his sister. One by one they pull others into the conversation, until Marvin just totally doesn't buy it. Marvin convinces Michael to call Jen in to tell her, and she is not sure what to think. Marvin and "the boys" are still skeptical so they decided to bring it in front of the whole house. After explaining again what led him to the conclusion, BB calls Michael and Jen to the diary room. They are both given letters, and read them to the house. The letters are from Michael and Jen's dad, confirming that they are Half-brother/sister, welcoming Michael, hoping to get to know him and his fiancee and child, etc. Jen tears up, as does Michael and some of the girls in the house. Marvin (who I can't stand because of his attitude, constant language, hogging of food because he is 215lbs :rolleyes:) still thinks it is a hoax :rolleyes
Mike (the Don) tries to create an alliance and stupidly thinks that Drew is an honest guy. Drew immediatly goes back to the "Frat Boy Wannabes" and tells them of Mike's plans.

Luxury Comp 1:
All the boys except The Don decide to wear women's underwear to the competition :rolleyes:(Mike doesn't want to traumatize his 7th grader son). Comp is to make a giant Margarita. Steps have to be done in a certain order, then the "lime" (Cowboy Michael in a costume) has to find a key in a block of ice. Prize is a "Margarita Madness" party with food, and the hot-tub is unlocked. At the end of the comp, with < 20 seconds to go, Cowboy is still on the slide going into the mix, and CBS takes the countdown clock off the screen. I didn't time it, but I have my doubts as to whether or not he made it in time. But the last thing BB and CBS would ever do is withhold alchol and hot-tubs from the houseguests.
Party time. Food and alcohol galore. Marvin eats like a pig, esp. the quesadillas (the others only got 1 each, and Marvin pigged out on the rest), then proceeds to try a "love doctor" ploy on the women of the house. Ditzy Holly doesn't drink.
Jase realizes that the HOH room has a TV monitor in it. He can switch between different video feeds to watch the others, but there is no sound.
Nomination time. Jase puts up Jen and the Don. Jen is cool with it. The Don is ticked, he realizes that Jase and Scott are a strong team, and that the others will be too stupid to realize it until it is too late.

Next show will feature the POV, which has another (as yet unannounced) twist. My hope for the twist is that the person who holds POV can use it, but if they don't, they become a 3rd nominee.

Chris

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
I need to set the VCR to those days....Damn I can't believe I missed it. Will they rerun it any time before next week? Mike's a puss. If he doesn't go along for the ride his ride will be short.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Probably not, but they usually do a decent recap at the start of the next episode (next Tuesday).

Re: Twins:

It appears it is only Adria and her twin Natalie who have been switching in and out, the switch is made in the diary room. Usually if "Adria" is wearing a hat pulled down on her face, it's Natalie. There's been reports that "Adria" is getting the other houseguests names confused.

Drew cried about not being with his twin brother, they probably stay in contact with one another on a daily basis, up until Drew went into the BB house. Drew needs to get a grip on his emotions.

Then again, I don't know if Drew was just acting, and whether or not there are really 3 sets of twins running around this season. There were 3 empty squares in the BB5 contestant graphic for the 4x4 blocks on the CBS BB5 webpage...

Bryan_O

Agent

My wife and I noticed this also. I don't think that there is any way he could have found that key in time...

How did Mike get the name "The Don"?? He's not Rob Mariano from Survivor. He never seemed controlling, Mike just seemed to be trying to survive in the house.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

Actually there was a cut, so you could not time it—he took a bit of time just getting down the slide.

But you are right—they want them al liquored up—there was even some minor criticism of one who was not drinking (or drinking enough).

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I was surprised when I saw Jase wearing all of the SIU (Southern Illinois University) clothing in last night's episode. That's my alma mater (go Salukis!). :D Unfortunately I don't really like him so I still don't think that I can root for him.

I thought that Mike and Jennifer would get put up since they didn't really "fit in" with the frat boys. Personally, I'd much rather see Marvin go since he's so annoying. What's with him saying that he needed it more than the "skinny little white girls"? If they don't get rid of him, he'll eat everything in the house!

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh

what's a VCR? Get a tivo man I never have to worry about when my shows are on. And I think Jase is great, if he can be the Will for this season that would be awesome, unfortunately I don't think he is smart enough to last that long or finagle all of these people.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Holly is "totally" acting. She has just cornered Jase in a "charity" scam and a bogus list of 25 things to accomplish in his life signed in blood. The guy can't name one of the ten things he's done on the list of 25. She's "so" much smarter than she's made out to be.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
More clues to the twins might have already come from that first HoH contest where some of the houseguest got their own questions wrong. Hmm... Plus the questions were always prefaced with "Would you assume ..." and we all know that this DNA season of BB5, Do Not Assume! LOL!

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator
Holly is without question the best player so far. I love the job she's doing with milking the ditz thing beyong belief. I'm not sure it'll actually make her close to winning, but it sure is entertaining to watch her and see the houseguests completely buy it (well, Marvin seems to be a little on to her so far).

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I’m amazed at how little the boys seem to have learned from other seasons. Winning a couple of contests and rubbing everyone’s nose in it, is just a recipe for an early exit.

They might be saved a bit by the inept girl power ploy, which has already been leaked.

Is it just me, or are there more clueless players this season?

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

It's not just you. These people (with very few execeptions Big Mike, Diane, etc.) are morons. And it may be from CBS's increased "casting" of the show (in which, instead of using applicants, they find people to fit "molds" and ask them to be on the show), it really seems to have gotten worse this year.

Chris

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Things flip-flop when the HoH is from different cliques within the house as the weeks go on, so this is just a feeling out period these first couple of weeks before the 1st eviction, then (to quote Monica from BB2) "It's Awwnnnnn!!!"

And yes, Scott and Jase are morons for over-playing their power, just like the 3 stooges got all high and mighty when they had the power early in the game.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Major Spoilers

It's going down now. Holly is the twin switcher. Or so they think? :D She really does or She's been told to act as if she does... And Adria/twin is laughing it up from afar. Now they're talking about their unknown parents. Ain't nobody hookin-up in this house. ;) All the real twins are playing it real cool and these guys/gals don't have a clue. Then Jase and Holly come in saying it was an act, nobody believes them. Holly is now being screwed over by CBS taking the heat for their nonsense whether she is an actress or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks