What's new

Big Brother 2 (1 Viewer)

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
quote: Oh and I didn't know a guy couldn't get a little emotional (and Hardy barely was) without being gay. [/quote]
I agree. I'm fairly sensitive for a male, but I'm straight. And I'm sure there are plenty of gay men that are more "manly" with their emotions than I am.
I also think it was rude for chilltown to snicker during Bunky's prayer. I dont know if they were laughing at him half crying, or just the prayer by itself, but in either case I think there are times when you just shut your mouth and show some respect, and this was one of them. I used to like Mike somewhat, but that all but dissapeared during tonights show.
I'd be interested in hearing why Hardy was outside during dinner though.
The ONLY reason I would want Shannon to stay was that last shot of her and that "bikini"
wink.gif

Oh and one more thing. Am I the only one, or does anyone else here wish they had kept Dr. Drew around for this season? There is a hell of a lot more material for him to work with.
Brian
[Edited last by BrianShort on July 25, 2001 at 01:54 AM]

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The way I see it, Shannon is totally daring the rest of the house to give her the boot. But then you have that last vestige of reverse psychology going on (meaning, are Will and Shannon that "in love" that booting Will would really make Shannon pissed off and fun to get inside her head and mess with it some more).
So, do the Toppers give Will the boot? Will has basically gone under the radar this week, while the lightning rod, Shannon is doing her job admirably.
Shannon has launched a passive-aggressive attack on Hardy, and he's fallen for it. If Hardy would stop asking Shannon to explain what she means by "yellow and coward" and just say "thanks for sharing your opinion. Next!" he would not be feeding into Shannon's attacks. Is Hardy that self-conscious about being called "yellow/cowardly" in this group to really have to have these verbal showdowns with Shannon? I don't think so. Hardy doesn't have to explain why he didn't just pick one Chill-towner and one of the rest. Case closed. But you see, Hardy is stupid enough to let his goat be gotten with these lame attempts at calling him "yellow/cowardly". It exposes his weak point.
I would just let Shannon keep making an idiot of herself. What's the adage "Never argue with a pig because all they'll do is drag you into the mud." (I screw that adage up, but the point remains). Shannon couldn't even come clean with what she did with Hardy's toothbrush in front of the houseguests. Everyone sees that, and knows that she's become a more hated person in the group than Will, thus making her a prime person to keep around to the end (whether the Toppers suscribe to that theory remains to be seen).
I think I'd have a hard time keeping a straight face when Bunky was saying grace (no disrespect to praying) because it just seemed that Bunkie would not stop saying grace, he just went on and on while interjecting that lilt in his voice like he was getting all choked up for the opportunity to sample Nicole's cooking, etc.
The only reason I bring up the possibility of Hardy being homosexual is to tie into the bomb (that Hardy is a homosexual or just a superbly narcisstic guy who can't stop doing crunches to have dinner with the whole group) that Will might drop on Thursday when either/both he and Shannon exit the house. I really didn't expect Hardy's eyes to get all teary-eyed. I mean, is it really that tough to live with people you don't like? I've done it, and I sure as hell didn't shed a tear over it. It looked out of character for Hardy, given that big strong presence he's been trying to project.
I did like Mike's line of "I'll show him why I'm a bar owner and he (Hardy) is still watching the door." :) Sure, it's just Mike and Will shooting the bull, but it's just funny dialogue.
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
i don't think he was upset about living with the people, he was upset about what he feels he is becoming, like he is being drawn into their way of thinking and acting and that bothers him. personally, i'd feel the same way having to be in a situation day after day with those people without having anything else to do. hell, no email, no Internet, not HTF, no UltimateTV, no movies! What the living heck would I do? :)
Paul

Steve Peterson

Stunt Coordinator
Pat, the adage you were looking for was: "Never fight with a pig. You both get dirty and only the pig enjoys it."
Steve "You're welcome" Peterson
------------------

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Patrick, sure you have lived with people you hate and not been upset, but imagine those same people ALWAYS around and never really being away from them. Hell, I think even the Duke himself would get a knot in his throat in that situation :) .
It's kind of neat how Shannon said at the beginning of the episode about Hardy being the tough guy, "well I'm going to make him cry by the time I leave".
I think Chilltown was just giggling at how emotional Bunky was getting and possibly out of being nervous too. I finally figured out why Bunky and Kent have bonded so well now, they are both fairly religious it seems. Can't wait to see what happens on thursday.
Rich
------------------
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Does Shannon think Hardy is hot for her? She keeps talking about how he's jealous and everything, but he's never really showed much interest in her (and with that personality, who could blame him).
People talk about leaving unlikable people around at the end, but if you kick them all out, they still have to pick someone from those left. The bigger thing is, you can't get away from them. For sanity's sake I think you'd prefer to live with the people you like rather than keep around those you hate because you think you have a better chance against them.
I think Will's a goner. He's the smart pick, in my mind. Shannon may very well walk if he gets kicked out. I don't expect he would do the same. He may be playing her for all we know, whether in proposing they leave together or having her more or less beg to be booted like she is now. Is this all a self-preservation trick on his part?
------------------
Read my reviews at www.dvdmon.com
Most recent reviews: Diary of a Chambermaid: The Criterion Collection, Another Woman, September, Shadows and Fog, Alice, Crimes and Misdemeanors, Gray's Anatomy
Most recent column: One Hundred and Counting

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Steve!
Here's some of my other observations:
Yes, it's a classic form of passive-aggressive bullying tactic that Shannon is employing against Hardy.
The Shannon "Why is the big muscle-bound man picking on poor little me" speech was frikkin' hilarious. I mean, look at Shannon, another hardbody, getting the best of Hardy in the head games department.
And then another classic was when Shannon clarified how stupid Kent was when he was asking for clarification of what went on with Hardy's toothbrush. I about lost it when Shannon just went off on Kent.
I thought Hardy was about to take that weight in his left hand when he was doing those tricep exercises and clock Bunkie for criticizing Hardy for his form (rightly so, his form was horrible) :)
They sure did pack a lot in an hour episode last night!
Oh, someone who's been watching the live feeds filled us in on why Hardy was not eating with the group: Hardy got all pissed off and refuses to eat with Shannon at the table. Notice that Shannon was taking extra helpings of the pasta that Nicole cooked so there would be less for Hardy to eat later. Also, Shannon's freezing food that shouldn't be frozen, and eating one cookie and throwing the rest of the cookies in the trash. She's basically causing havoc in the household.
The only reason that Shannon's toothbrush misadventure was revealed to the household was due to a banner flying over the house. CBS isn't showing the banners this season, so you are left to think someone in the house discovered what Shannon did (or that Big Brother ratted her out).
And Hardy does seem overly sensitive to attacks on his masculinitiy. And Shannon is totally exploiting that weakness. And yes, Shannon succeeded in making Hardy cry. :)
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I would also pick Will to get the boot if I had a vote on Thursday, but who knows, maybe Shannon's reverse psychology tactics will also succeed in making the rest of the house think they'll "punish" her by making her stay in the house without Will. Is this her strategy to stay in the house? Will the house take the bait? Stay tuned!
But given the make-up of the house, they should opt to give Shannon the boot to gain some short-term sanity until Will and/or Mike gets nominated to get the boot next week (unless Chilltown pulls off a miracle and gains the HoH).
Shannon also proves true the adage: "No matter how good looking a woman is, somewhere out there, there's some guy who's tired of all her shit!"
------------------

Jake Gove

Second Unit
Is Shannon related to Jerri from Survivor II? Kick this beeotch out!
------------------

Jake
JAWSMovie.com - My JAWS Fansite
My Arcade PC
My Home Theater Pics

Gerard Priori

Stunt Coordinator
All the house guests are resigned that Shannon will be the one evicted on Thursday. Chill Town has decided it will be Shannon (which really only influences one vote: Mike's) and Hardy and The Other People (TOP) want Shannon out, too.
According to the updates I've been reading the last couple of days, Hardy was trying to arrange the voting so that it would be a tie, which he would have to break. He wanted to have the satisfaction of evicting Shannon to her face.
However, since Hardy first started to organize his plan, it has come to his attention that he would not be casting the deciding vote in front of the whole group, but privately in the Diary Room. Since he learned this, he has decided that his plan to orchestrate a tie is too risky and he has since asked all TOP to vote for Shannon.
I don't really see TOP defying Hardy's wishes here, so I think that Shannon's eviction is an inevitability. That is, unless Nicole can convince Hardy and the others to keep Shannon around just to torture her since she's so ready to leave and has been acting extra bitchy to get everyone to vote for her. I'd like to see Shannon's expectations thwarted, but she must be so unbearable to live with that they'll probably just get rid of her and be done with her. And that would make me happy, too.
-Jerry

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it's a classic form of passive-aggressive bullying tactic that Shannon is employing against Hardy.
I would have to disagree.
Shannon’s behavior has been anything but passive-aggressive. People who are passive-aggressive avoid face to face confrontation. Can it actually be said that Shannon has been avoiding face to face confrontation in the last few days?
I think she has been very openly aggressive and this is just not a trait of a classic passive-aggressive bully.
------------------

Gerard Priori

Stunt Coordinator
Shannon cleaning the toilet with Hardy's toothbrush was passive/aggressive. However, most everything else she's done was quite directly confrontational. Hardy's responses don't seem over-emotional to me; I don't think he's rising to any bait, he's merely calling her on her twisted definitions of "coward" and "jealous" to put her on the spot and make her look like an idiot. And he's succeeding brilliantly.
-Jerry

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What I meant was the insincerity of Shannon's apologies once she gets "found out" that she's done something sneaky and wrong (Hardy's toothbrush). That's passive aggressive behavior. She's not contrite at all.
Putting the bag of chips on Autumn's bed is passive aggressive behavior.
The yellow/coward stabs are just strawmen, used to deflect the obvious (that she's mad at Hardy for nominating her and singling her and Will/Chill town out as a systematic way to get one of them out of the house) while getting in cheap shots at Hardy for no relevent reason. Everyone that gets nominated to get the boot can raise the same strawmen, but it doesn't make it correct or right.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
Did we really need to know that Will is "completely hair free? Even before it was revealed, it was kind of obvious how vain he truly is. Not because of the shaved pubes, but he just can't seem to stop looking at himself. Dude, what's up with the hair? I found his remark on Hardy's "waxed eyebrows" pretty ironic. Both him and Hardy would be major high maintance mates. Imagine the fights they would have with their significant others for bathroom time :)

ryan_m

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think he's rising to any bait, he's merely calling her on her twisted definitions of "coward" and "jealous" to put her on the spot and make her look like an idiot. And he's succeeding brilliantly.
EXACTLY! Why would you ignore someone (especially in that situation) when they are calling you yellow and a coward and it makes no sense at all. If Hardy would have nominated someone from his side, then I would call him a coward. I like how Mike was all like "he'll get what's coming to him" or whatever in regard to Hardy voting for two chill town people. It's so silly. Mike would have voted for Shannon or Will? Of course not.
I'm glad they are not doing all the stuff with people not in the house like they did last time. There was too much Julie Chen, Dr Drew and that chick from AOL before, it was boring. Some doctor analyzing the people is boring. I'd rather see Adan Corrola busting on them. I especially don't miss the shots of all the losers from their home towns gathering around to watch the show.
I was wondering if there were those airplane messeges again. I can't believe Big Brother didn't insist that Shannon tell Hardy about what she did to his toothbrush. That wasn't right.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps commentary from Corolla and Kimmel (The Man show) would really liven up the live broadcasts!
If I were Hardy, everytime Shannon called me "yellow/coward/etc" I'd just smile back at her, give her a special little wink. And just let her vent and rave. Don't give name-callers anymore "ammo" to work with, rather just give them more rope to hang themselves with. In other words, employ some Sun Tzu tactics in this final week for either Shannon or Will.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks