Big Brother 2! Who can't sleep at night??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Graeme Clark, Jun 30, 2001.

1. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Anyone actually going to watch this? I guess they've changed some things around to make it more "intersting" (swarms of bees wouldn't have helped the first one).
    Anyway, I was checking out the houseguest profiles on the website (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother2/ ) and noticed a few oddities.
    There is nobody under the age of 26, and the youngest females are 28. Who am I supposed to have a crush on? The chickens? Goodbye teen audience.
    A number of the people look like modified clones of the first show. No black guy to get everyone riled up after the first day though. Too bad, he was the best.
    Mike... a 30 year old Bar Owner that likes to wear his ball cap backwards and to the side a bit like he's the white Fresh Prince (from the early shows).
    Favorite Music: Rap
    Favorite Movie: Wall Street
    Favorite Mags: Vanity Fair, Sports Illustrated (what the?)
    Favorite Sport: Tennis, Basketball (this is allowed?)
    I take it back, he's the Fresh Prince and Carlton rolled into one white guy.
    But Mike is nothing compared to my man Bunky! I don't even know how to describe this guy. So I'll let his interests speak for themselves.
    Hero: Bill Goldberg (professional wrestler)
    Favorite TV Show: Will & Grace
    Least Favorite TV Show: All in the Family
    Favorite Movie: Top Gun
    Least Favorite Movie: Octopussy
    Favorite Band/Singer: Ricky Martin
    Least Favorite Band/Singer: Willie Nelson
    Favorite Magazine: WCW
    Favorite Sport: Professional wrestling
    How in the WORLD can anyone like Wrestling AND Ricky Martin? Unless he's watching for the bulked up guy in speedos.... he could be a fun guy to watch on the show. I hope Dr. Drew is back. He may have some insight into this guy.

2. Pete_S

Pete_S Stunt Coordinator

As a teenager, I can confirm that there are indeed no "hot chicks" on Big Brother 2. I repeat, no hot chicks.
    If they're gonna push the voyeurism thing, they should at least give us people we'd actually like to see in various states of undress. I can't confirm this, but it seems like the ladies at least got some "hot guys" to look at.

3. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

I will not be watching Big Brother 2 due to protest that...
    1) There are no hot chicks. [​IMG]
    2) The first Big Brother, they kicked the one hot chick (Jordan) early off. [​IMG] Cause damnit, I wanted to see her do a 'naked trampoline' (as she said she would do if she didn't get voted off)!
    ------------------
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    DVD In Detail - DVD Reviewer
    My DVD Collection / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542

4. David Ely

David Ely Supporting Actor

Oh man ... this is really gonna suck. I really enjoyed the first Big Brother. Why'd they have to go and ruin it?
    I wonder if we'll ever get a 'best-of' DVD from the first series. They could make it a DVD-18 with 8 hours of video [​IMG]

5. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

No hot chicks? What, are you kidding? [​IMG]
    Krista, Nicole, and Shannon all look pretty good to me. The older age-skew is interesting, but now I can lust without feeling like a pedophile. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Granted, you can't get too much from these pix, but they look good to me...
    ------------------
    "If we blow up, whatever's left of me is kickin' your butt."

6. Michael St. Clair

Frankly, I think they are going for an older crowd because they'll play the game smarter and make it more interesting.
    As a whole, the younger players in S1, S2, and BB1 didn't play nearly as well as the older players.

7. Damian

Damian Agent

I was wondering about the original comment about there not being any hot chicks myself. In my opinion, these women are a LOT better looking then the ones in the first one. Hopefully they won't be the type that have to run to a mirror to put on lip gloss everytime they are called to a camera.
    ------------------
    -Damian

8. Michael St. Clair

I think the 'older' players in BB1 did play better on average. Of course, the question is where do you draw the line between 'older' and 'younger'.
    I personally think that due to the way the American audience played the game that later players in BB1 were not necessarily the best players. I also don't think the players were playing to the audience, they obviously didn't understand the audience for squat.
    As far as Karen goes, yeah, she shouldn't have even been there. George I do think played well, though I think he did have some emotional issues. Curtis, Josh, and Jaime just kind of bumbled their way to the end, but that's just my opinion.
    Yeah, if there's a 'Jaime' on this show they need to kill her quickly. Talk about annoying.

9. David McKean

David McKean Auditioning

10. Michael St. Clair

11. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I find it funny (in a way) that the BB cast has gone nowhere since the show ended. I've heard more about Sonja, the first person booted off S1, than I have about Eddie, the dude who won BB1. Could it be that due to the editing of Survivor the cast seemed more interesting? Had we been given 24 hour access to a Survivor cam, and been subjected to a Survivor show multiple times in a week, we would have backlashed and been sick of them as well?

12. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

13. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

There were two major problems with Big Brother:
    1. For whatever reason, the audience voted off whichever person caused the most tension. This caused less drama in the house especially because...
    2. The people on the show were BOR-ING! Editing makes a difference--and Survivor is supremely well edited--but the casting is just as crucial. I can't say that I liked anybody on BB. I had been pulling for George, up to a point, before he started flipping out.
    I don't know that we had too much exposure to the BB cast. I just think that collectively they weren't very interesting. I'm interested to see how things are different this time.
    ------------------
    Read my reviews at www.dvdmon.com
    Most recent reviews: Rififi: The Criterion Collection, Panic, The X-Files: The Complete Second Season, O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Big Deal on Madonna Street: The Criterion Collection
    Most recent column: One Hundred and Counting

14. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Well, after one episode, I can drop Nicole from my hottest list. She still looks good, but her personality is nails on a chalkboard.
    Shannon, however, is a goddess. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    "If we blow up, whatever's left of me is kickin' your butt."

15. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

Well, the show might be fun this year if I don't hate everyone on it by the end of the third episode. You know, I was not a fan of Greek life in college and didn't participate. Although the contestants are slightly older this time around, they seem to have reverted to the good ol' fraternity/sorority mentality. Ugh.
    As of the first show, which really doesn't give enough info to make a good evaluation, I'm going to pull for Shannon, Bunky (despite that name), and Will (although he may prove to be terribly arrogant, although I suppose participating in something like this indicates a high degree of narcissism).
    Who I definitely don't like: Kent (George's evil twin), Justin (can you say Eddie's virtual twin?), and Autumn (an early runner for Brittany-like irritation), with strong reservations regarding Nicole.
    Julie Chen is such an awful host, which I suppose is part of the train wreck appeal of BB. I do think the new changes will create a lot more chaos, although I'm not sure how allowing only one person to nominate others for elimination will improve things. Oh well, at least something new is on tv.
    ------------------
    Read my reviews at www.dvdmon.com
    Most recent reviews: Dogma: Special Edition, Rififi: The Criterion Collection, Panic, The X-Files: The Complete Second Season, O Brother, Where Art Thou?
    Most recent column: One Hundred and Counting

16. Damian

Damian Agent

After watching the first episode of BB, I at least cared what happend to a majority of the cast. (Other then Will, Karen and the stripper chick)
    These people I could care less about. The older dude that won the car I think played it right. Why should he give in to Autumn's complaints at being a single mother, out of work with no car? He didn't know her before the show, and he probably won't know her after the show. He did right by looking out for himself in that case. It's a contest to win stuff, not to make friends. And after she gave up she made the snide remark about him "seeing what she means" or something like that.
    She is much like Brittany, but without the personality. I at LEAST enjoyed watching Brittany, this chick just gets on my nerves and only have one episode. I guess I should give her more of a chance.
    Nicole just needs to go. I can't stand her personallity. They way she tried to assert herself from the beginning and her recommendation that who ever win the car be the first person voted out was just plain rude, and I think everybody saw that.
    I'm gunnin' for the sexy older woman. I think she's probably going to be the LEAST controversial. But you never know.
    ------------------
    -Damian

17. MikeH

MikeH Stunt Coordinator

You guys were right Shannon is a beast. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Mike

18. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

What was with the guys doing interviews with their shirts off? I hope Shannon decides to "be on of the guys" in that regard.
    Anyway, I think some of the new "rules" could be interesting, but it looks like they're trying too hard to create tension.
    There was some OK stuff, but it's hard to tell how it's going to all turn out.

19. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

I don't know the older ladies name (and am to lazy to look it up). I was wondering why the Doctor said he thought she was hot. Well after seeing her in the show when she was wearing the shorts I can understand why he said it. That lady has kept herself up well.
    So far I like this show better than last years. They certainly know how to throw things in this time to cause tension. I mean that wheel spin thing was great. Who is the most smelly, loudest etc. Funny stuff.
    Nicole is a bitch. She is not hard on the eyes but she is painfull on the ears. She was shocked back to reality when she only got one vote for head of household.
    The one that did not win the car... what an idiot. The show is not about compasion but about winning. And then she climbs in the bed of that other guy on the first night and asks if he would be comfortable touching her.
    I really think this show will be better than last seasons or at least it has better potential.
    Frank
    ------------------
    [​IMG]http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nightdog&acceptadult=true