What's new

Big Brother 2 - Web broadcast costs $$$ (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
What a joke. CBS is expecting people to pay money to watch the live internet broadcast over the web when the free period ends tomorrow.
Give me a break! I tuned into the live broadcast a few times last year, but there's no way I'm going to pay anything for it. Are they shooting themselves in the foot or what?
Gord

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Heh, thanks Adam. I read that article after I posted this topic, which I did after reading on the Real.com site about them charging money.
I think I'll pass on the show this year. In Canada we have a simulcast "law" (at least I think it's a law) that allows a Canadian channel to broadcast over the US feed of the same show. Since BB2 has the CBS logo, the local station has put their bug over the CBS one, but this bug is 100% opaque, and VERY annoying. Blah to that!!

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
I can't see many people paying to watch the guinea pigs. I mean I don't remember that much risque stuff going on last year I don't see that changing this season. Then again I haven't caught enough of this season to see if the picked people who are going to get down and dirty. Time will tell, I bet if there is lots of T&A, subscriptions will skyrocket.
laugh.gif

------------------

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I'm interested to see if CBS sticks with their decision. After all, last year's show wasn't a runaway success. If they want to build an audience, free live feeds is definitely the way to go.
I don't agree with their choice to do this, but if they are going to charge, they probably should have waited until at least a week's worth of shows had aired, if not more. The live feeds didn't start, I'm assuming, until after the first show aired Thursday night. We'll continue to get them through Sunday. Three full days, that's it? Add in the consideration that some of the audience may have been away from the television if they took a long weekend with the holiday on Wednesday. The live feeds would build interest in watching the tv show, not the other way around.
Oh, and they were having all kinds of trouble with the feeds on Friday. Way to go CBS.
------------------
Read my reviews at www.dvdmon.com
Most recent reviews: Dogma: Special Edition, Rififi: The Criterion Collection, Panic, The X-Files: The Complete Second Season, O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Most recent column: One Hundred and Counting

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks