What's new

Big Bang Theory (1 Viewer)

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
I thought the show was awful. Besides the laugh track, I felt like I was watching a High School play. The dialogue was stilted with heavy pauses between characters -- It just wasn't very good. Sure, I laughed a few times, but I also laughed a few times at The Class, another show I hated.

Love How I Met Your Mother, love Rules of Engagement, Two and Half Men is OK, and I really like New Adventures of Old Christine.

Doug

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I liked it and am looking forward to tonight's episode. Pilot's seem to have a big job introducing all the characters, etc. so it'll be nice to see some more development.
I loved Sheldon! He was super funny....

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I really like this show...I think it has great potential but like has been mentioned before, maybe only nerds will really enjoy it.

It's the first new show I've watched in a long time where I actually laugh out loud!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Love this show! I missed half the jokes because I was still laughing at the one that came before.

Leonard: I was being sarcastic. Do I have to hold up my sarcasm sign?
Sheldon: You have a sarcasm sign?? :laugh:

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
another funny episode.

I enjoyed Sheldon's Superman saving Lois Lane theory
and his comment about Green Lantern and his power ring trying to move Penny's piece of furniture up the stairs.

Then Leonard walking around in the middle of the night with a light up light saber was great.

I too enjoyed the sarcasm moment

GREAT STUFF!

Real Name
Dave Medina
The Lightsaber scene was awesome!

I was wondering if Penny eventually meets some other female friends. She seems very friendly (and attractive), so I'd guess she might have made some friends from working at the Cheesecake Factory, among other ventures.

It seems unrealistic for anyone to make minimum wage and still be able to afford a 2 bedroom apartment West of La Cienega Blvd without a roommate but I digress :)

-- now I'm starting to sound like the nerds on the show

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I was lukewarm on the pilot, but the second episode was great! The over explained geekry relating to Thai food and Superman catching Lois Lane had me rolling. That's the kind of stuff I can relate to. Jokes about advanced math and physics don't interest me.

I sort of feel like the girl is useless. But I guess no one wants to watch a bunch of geeks just hanging around. Except geeks like me.

Real Name
Dave Medina
I forgot one really funny bit:

Howard playing DDR and then saying "Go get a napkin, because you've just been served!"

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
I liked the 2nd episode just as much as the first (if not more!). Definitely the best new comedy I've seen in the past couple of years. I've laughed more at these 2 episodes than practically anything on TV in quite a while.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's still getting slightly better ratings than its lead-in "How I Met Your Mother", so it bodes well that it'll make it to a sophomore season, if they can keep up with the funny on a weekly basis.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I didn't think I would like this show as much as I do. 2nd episode last night was better than 1st for me. I pretty much laughed out loud the entire way. Parsons is great but the 2 supporting guys are hilarious as well. They (the writers) should be able to come up with some funny storylines.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
This is my favorite new show of the season so far but I'm a big sitcom guy. Still, it's the only one of 3 new sitcoms I've sampled so far that I intend to keep watching...for as long as it hangs around anyway. I thought Sheldon was going to be the comic book geek (he had a Flash t-shirt on in the first episode and a Superman one in the second...am I geek for remembering that?) until Leonard mentioned his own immense Superman comic book collection... :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I enjoyed the pilot more; probably because it was new and totally unusual. But this second episode had some really fun moments. The "sarcasm" sign in particular got my wife (who is laughing more at me than the show). I'm looking forward to more.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I love the show as well, the second ep had me rolling mainly because I identified, maybe a little too much, with some of the dialogue and nerd routines lol. As an owner of a few Force Effects Lightsabers that scene had me bad! Loved how he had it turned on as if that somehow would make it a more effective weapon against an intruder. :laugh:

Although I think his saber was broken, it didn't make any power-down sound when he switched it off lol.

And for the record, I don't agree with Sheldon's Superman rescues Lois theory, he paced himself to match Lois' falling velocity and was able to safely scoop her up. :D

Kaley Cuoco is smokin' hot!

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
See with less geek humor and more everyman humor the show is much better: Sarcasm signs, surgical removal of shoes, Superman, and talking in very low register while trespassing so you don't wake people :)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Really? I mean, she good looking, but I thought she was good looking for a normal person and not good looking like a supermodel (BTW, she looks like Kellie Pickler). Which works in the context of the show -- like, I wouldn't be in total disbelief if she did hook up with Leonard. Too many times the hot girl is just waaay too hot.

Oh, and count my wife in as a fan. She liked it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks