Big Bang Theory - season 2

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The show rebounded in spectacular fashion with this episode, THIS is the kind of stuff I wanna see on this show!

Yes, Sheldon's reaction to Penny's gift was painfully funny, one would think she just handed him a check for a billion dollars!

And not a sign of Stephanie in sight, hell her name was never even uttered.

I must say, though, that Leonard's question to Penny at the end was valid, she breaks up with him because he was too smart and then turns around and goes for a guy smarter than he is simply because he's a beef cake who rides a motorcycle?

"What's up with that!?" indeed.

DavidJ

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

I liked the show up until this point, but was actually feeling a bit let down when they wrapped up the show's main story before the last break. All that went away with the last scene-- before Sheldon was done I was in tears I was laughing so hard.

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
"All I need is a viable ovum and I can clone my own Leonard Nimoy."

"You're just getting the scarf, Sheldon."

(Now, of course, the producers are going to have to find some way to get Nimoy to do a guest shot.)

Regards,

Joe

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
"I'm more of a Zac Effron type!"

HI-larious! This was definitely a great episode. Like everyone else, I loved Sheldon's reaction to the napkin. We laughed so hard as he was shaking uncontrollably at the thought of growing himself a Spok!

The hug scene was by far my favorite. Jim Parsons never fails to crack me up.

I did think they ended the whole Penny/Leonard thing a bit quickly, but still this ranks as one of the funniest episodes for me.

Dave Scarpa

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Was a fantastic episode and agree the last scene was great, was it telling that this episode was back to the high standard of the first season and it had no stephanie. Not even an alluding to her, which is strange considering it was a holiday show, perhaps the producers dropped the character realizing it was breaking up the dynamic of the cast?

Jon Martin

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
I'll be honest and say I thought the episode was a bit off. Not one of the funnier ones. But there was no Stephanie, a good thing.

But that final scene, I was laughing so hard I honestly hurt myself. While I guessed what gift basket she would get, the whole scene, and the hug, were wonderful.

Jim Parsons is, without question, the funniest person on TV.

Nelson Au

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
I'm loving all the references to Star Trek in this series! Great episode, felt sorry for Penny and Leonard. And loved the reaction to the Nimoy napkin!

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I just figured this episode was shot out of sequence, so that's why no mention of Stephanie.

The whole napkin bit was so funny I had to go back to CBS.com to watch it several times - too bad they don't include the initial opening - they just start with Penny explaining that Nimoy had wiped his mouth on it.

The Penny-Leonard exchange (both the eggnog and gift exchange bits) is the cake to Sheldon's icing. This is the heart of the show and I'm glad they're developing the two as friends, so if (when) they eventually hook up, it'll be worth it and natural.

DaveF

Real Name
Dave
She broke up with him because he was a tactless, insensitive fool (that is, typical geek), implying she wasn't good enough to date him without more education.

His question to Penny was perfectly in character, showing that he still doesn't get it

And that was a great episode.

"It's a Saturnalia miracle!"

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida

I thought this as well. Or, I figured because it was a "holiday" episode, they wanted to keep it generic for subsequent replays.

Michelle Schmid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michelle Holloway

That's not what I got out of that scene at all. She has never been very bright, (although fortunately they have written her as smarter now than she was in the first couple of episodes). He has always been a lot smarter than she is and they both know that. It seemed to me that she broke up with him because of that--she didn't think she was smart enough for him. By collecting and giving her the information on the Community College he was trying to "fix" that so she wouldn't be afraid to date him. Being the geek that he is, he just presented it badly thus insulting her in the process.

Malcolm R

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
And he just did it again by gifting her the '101 Science Experiments for Kids' set.

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I didn't see that as an insult. It was a joke gift, just like her gift to him of motorcycle lessons, and both Leonard and Penny knew it. He wasn't trying to educate her, he was teasing her about claiming to be a geek and "really into science" when she was really just after the hot bad boy with the motorcycle.

Regards,

Joe

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

Exactly. And if you noticed, she laughed about it- it shows that the two are becoming true friends and is a great foundation for if the writers do end up pairing them off by the end of the series.

Jon Martin

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
In the new issue of TV Guide, they rank THE BIG BANG THEORY as the 4th best show of the year, the highest ranking comedy (even ahead of 30 ROCK).

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ree