Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Hence the missing eyebrows...

htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Joe

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
A real fun episode last night. I loved the clause sequence where Sheldon is asking Leonard to help - the Skynet clause, the Body Snatchers clause, the Godzilla clause.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Another winner. Finally, the Penny and Sheldon showdown that seemed inevitable.
Loved the part where Penny tried to banish Sheldon from the Cheesecake Factory. :D

Also, there's a B+ review of the show in the latest Entertainment Weekly with the 'Twilight' cover story.

Can't wait till next Tuesday, when I'll be in the audience!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
That was a fantastic episode. Probably one of the funniest. I can't remember if I have mentioned this before, but does Sheldon remind anyone else of Anthony Perkins? (still crushing on him).

Can anyone tell me what it says at the end of each episode after the credits. There is a screen that appears at the end and each week it says something different.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The things at the end are called "vanity cards". They usually identify the executive producer's personal production company and give him/her/them one more chance to get that name out in front of everybody. Mostly they're exactly the same on every show and every week (think Jerry Bruckheimer's rain-squall, Bryan Singer's "Bad Hat Harry" or Steven Bochco's violin glissando.) Ever since Dharma & Greg Chuck Lorre has written different text for each of the vanity cards on each of his series. Viewers without a VCR or DVR can read all of them for all his series at Lorre's official site. The page for The Big Bang Theory can be found here.

Regards,

Joe

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I agree; one of the funniest of the season. I may have to buy the DVD set just for this episode. So many funny lines...

"What? You think she didn't know we were nerds?!"

"What are you complaining about? I'm the one who has to take the class again."

"Yes, I'm sure I don't know what baby Jesus is concerned about"

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The show was Number one for last night leading the way to CBS winning Monday evening.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

You're going to take a camera and take as many pictures of Kaley Cuoco and post them here, right? :D

Speaking of Kaley, man, did she look awesome in the red tanktop.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Ever since someone mentioned that Johnny looks up every time he talks, that's all I see when he delivers his lines.

Being as anal retentive and OCD as he is, I'm surprised that Sheldon allows other people to make his food for him. You would think that someone who is that picky about how they like their food would take the time to learn how to cook for themselves instead of eating out or ordering in and burdening someone else with exact instructions on how to make their order.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Holy crap, I can't believe how consistent the writing and performances are for this show, last night's episode was solid through and through.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Great episode! My wife was laughing harder than I was!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
And since she also watches Top Model, she especially appreciated that sub-plot.

In fact, does anyone besides Chuck Lorre make such references to his TV competition? He tosses in jokes about other shows occasionally in all his shows.

"This is his kryptonite. He can never know I gave it to you."

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Should I admit that I recognized one of this season's current contestants, Analeigh, as the one who answered the door at the end? Since there is only one week left in ANTM, and she is still in the running, I don't know if that was a tipoff that she wins this season.

Of course, I would have probably pointed out to the guys that the show was taped months ago, and no one would be living in the house now.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Probably one of the most gut-bustingly hilarious eps of any comedy that i've seen in some time, definitely will go down as an essential episode much like Seinfeld's 'The Contest' and 'The Chinese Restaraunt'. :laugh:

BTW, is there some reason CBS doesn't offer this show as full episodes? :confused: In fact most of their stuff is just clips. :thumbsdown:

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I find this show funnier this season than HIMYM. It's at a point now that my wife will probably love it if only she would sit down and watch it. Although, I must admit, in the couple of times she did watch, I had to pause to explain some of the geekier jokes and references. So perhaps it takes a certain kind of person to really enjoy the show.

Yeah, I kept thinking that the whole time too. I tried not to obssess over it.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
This show has really improved this year.

I like how they have made the Sheldon character the comedic center of the show since Jim Parsons is just nailing the role.

Also the decision to make Penny a smarter character was a wise one.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

For some reason, CBS doesn't have the rights to it, as far as downloads and online streaming. They were asked about it, as other people were interested as well.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Man the commercials for the new episode look so funny!

" Rock, paper, scissors, lizzard, spock!"

I cannot get enough of this show and yes Jim Parsons is spot on!

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I think Parsons is a shoe in for best lead. He is my favorite part of the show (and MOIST lol... Wallowitz).

personally, I think everyone on this show makes it great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks