Real Name
Matt
It got cut off my DirectV DVR. I guess I Missed it
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm funny with the vanity cards, sometimes I read them and sometimes I don't, glad this was one of the weeks that I didn't.

Why would Chuck do such such a dick weed thing?

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks Anthony. I figured there must have been something else there. As I was reading your reply, I heard Howard's mother's voice. LOL

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the robot destroying the toaster was a BSG reference at all?

I kept waiting for one of the guys to say something along the lines of "It's killing a fracking toaster!".

Penny covering for Howard's nose at the end was nice. She could have been a bitch about it and said the real reason.

I agree that Howard's mother must never be seen.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
When Penny says " It's just a toy robot" I can't help but pause on Sheldons face. His facial expressions are some of the best. Raj had some great lines in this episode.

* Man, call spoiler alert before you say things like that.

* what part of america is that accent from?

* Maybe we should enter you in the killer robot competition (said through Leonard)

* Did you know he writese poetry? Mostly about men from nantucket and hermits named dave, but he does it with real sensativity.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Two thoughts:
I too thought Howard's mom was Estelle, but no its Carol Ann Susi.

I thought the V.C. was good, but only because I really have no interest in any of those movies anyway. The simple boring descriptions were pretty funny to me.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor

I think, based on how they phrased the spoilers, they were commenting on all the bummer facing you if you try to unwind at the cineplex.

JL - Hoping that revealing that there may be a set of movies out there whose plots could be deemed 'bummerish' isn't too much of a spoiler.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Another spectacular performance by Parsons. I'm hoping that this Barry crypky (sp?) will be in more episodes as well. Those two are funny together.

Howard had some funny moments in last night ep. I thought it was great how he wanted out of his friendship with Sheldon. Also, his line to Penny about how he must be looking pretty good about now was great.

Another great episode!

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
A good episode.

I do think, however, they've found the line for Sheldon's facial actions when disturbed. While the interrupting scene so Sheldon couldn't finish his explanation was humorous, it also seemed like it was written specifically to see Parsons mug it up. So, I hope they back away from that aspect of Sheldon and play up his cluelessness - like the scene with the little girl.

Oh, and I liked how Howard solved Sheldon's infinite loop. Wouldn't surprise me to see that algorithm show up on the internet soon, either.

And I agree, having Crypky show up every now and again would be good. (I even like how Sheldon says his name- it seems like he really rushes it)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
*Yawn* Another winner last night.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Not to sound like a broken record but I am always in constant amazment at how Jim gets those rapid-fire science-laden shpeels out of his mouth without getting tongue tied beyond beliefe!

I wonder how many takes it took to get some of his stuff out right this week lol.

While I like Krypkie I would prefer it if they used him sparingly, his constant presence could become, like Stephanie, intrusive to the group.

The sight of Sheldon just going limp and hanging suspended in the air will be with me for a long time and is the anti Tom Cruise suspended from the harness in Mission: Impossible. :laugh:

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
As for comedies, this show has moved up there with King of Queens and Friends, for me anyway. All three are shows I can watch repeatedly and still laugh in the same spots. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan

Best Comedy Shows Ever: Arrested Development, The Big Bang Theory, Family Guy, How I met your Mother, South Park, Psych, Chuck. (no order)

King of Queens isn't bad either. Not a fan of freinds though.

Does anyone know if were getting a third season of this show?

RickGr

Second Unit
How can any best comedy series of all time not include Seinfeld, All In The Family, Mary Tyler Moore show and Cheers to name a few is beyond me unless your 15 years old?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Agreed, RickGr, i'm also partial to The Honeymooners, Three's Company and (one that never gets the respect it deserves) Sledge Hammer!.

Also, and I made a point to put this one in a sentence all by itself because it's in a class all by itself...Mystery Science Theater 3000. I know they show movies but it was indeed a comedy series so I think it qualifies.

I've lost gallons of tears over the years laughing uncontrollably at that show. :laugh:

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
MST3k has moments that still kill me, and fits in so well with fans of Big Bang - just the same kind of audience ;)

I'd have to throw in Carol Brunnet Show, I Love Lucy & Bewitched.

But "Big Bang" and "How I Met Your Mother" are right now, along with "30 Rock" the ones I enjoy most currently airing ;)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

There is an interview with Parsons where he speaks about having an amazing talent for memorization. He said all that science speak means nothing to him.

*edit*

found it!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Right, he's said that in one of his interviews with Craig Ferguson if I recall correctly, I was mainly wondering how he can physically say that stuff without getting tripped up lol.

He must have amazing talent for talking, too hehe.

Damn I want to see a gag reel from this show!

EDIT: Nevermind, you edited you post to include that interview lol. Sorry, Lucia. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks