What's new

BIC DV62CLRs as L,R&C speakers (1 Viewer)

Kevin*H

Stunt Coordinator
I saw a review that stated this center channel speaker
could be used as the left, right & center speaker, has anybody on this forum done this and I would like to know what would be the pros and cons of this approach
Thanks in advance for any help

JasonMcK

Auditioning
I own one DV62CLRS that I use as a center channel and two DV62Si's that I use as my main L/R channels which sound great to me. IMHO, I would stick with a similar setup with bookshelves or towers as mains. If you're worried about timbre matching, BIC offers several models that match the 62CLRS. However, if you're still considering using 62CLRS's for front and center, here are some considerations:

Pro's:

62CLRS has better frequency responce than the 62Si's. 38Hz-22kHz versus 43Hz-22kHz.

Con's:

The 62CLRS is huge for a center channel speaker and you'd probably want to set them on end to use as mains. This setup might make them a little top heavy unless you have very solid speaker stands. Also, the grille has a "BIC America" emblem that would appear sideways and off-center if you set them on end. It's an aesthetic thing, but then again, aesthetics are a big part of the HT experience.

Also, you could spend just a few dollars more and get a PAIR of 62si's and I think you'd still be very pleased at the sound. If you really want to knock your socks off, you could step up to the DV64 or DV84 towers for about $120 and $145 at imerchantdirect.com respectively. Both tower models are timbre matched to the 62CLRS.

Hope this helps! I'm a lifelong BIC fan so I'd love to hear what you decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks